[Advanced users] How to install Lineage (or any) GSI on T2e

Hello followed instructions from n download ran the update and so everything is working fine
No trouble with Jack or speaker. Thanks

1 Like

which gsi are you using? thanks

Looks like Phh has fixed the audio echo problem in the v305 release of their AOSP11 GSI. The pull request that managed the fix can be found here: https://github.com/phhusson/platform_frameworks_av/pull/8/commits/4613a24b3bc739b4fcc0d158b5ef8517107d526f. If you are building another GSI you can probably use the pull request to come up with a patch or point the project maintainer to this fix.

1 Like

Thanks, but … how to become root with Lineage OS ?

I can install TWRP + magisk to be root with the original Teracube 2e ROM.
I can install Linage OS 17 without magisk.

But each time I try to install Lineage + TWRP + magisk (in any order) it ends with a boot loop :frowning:

Please, help !

I could correctly install LineageOS 18 and TWRP, the order seems relevant: first install LineageOS 18
and then install TWRP. I cannot guarantee that this will not result in a boot-loop in the future though: LineageOS ships recovery updates within the system updates sometimes.

In order to change the sound property, you don’t necessarily need to have a rooted phone, but simply be able to send root commands through adb:

• Go in Settings > System > Developer options
  • Activate “USB debugging” and “Rooted debugging”
  • Connect the phone via USB to your pc
  • adb shell setprop persist.sys.overlay.devinputjack true

Hi @anonimal
I have a similar issue with lineage-18.1-20210411-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img
I can ear my own microphone in the speaker (with a short delay) during a call.
Same issue if I use a bluetooth headset.
With a jack headset, it’s worse (it seems that both microphones are used).
So the phone is not usable for phone calls :frowning:

PS : No issue in jitsi meet

The patches used for the lineage-18 build done by AndyYan (which I suspect is the one you are using) are only up to date to v304 of PHH’s patches. The next release of that GSI will probably merge in the audio patch for the microphone in the speaker issue.

Hello Sir

can i flash Andy Yan`´S GSI Images (IMG File) via TWRP??? Flash with fastboot dont work…

Regards

Can you please elaborate on the issue with flashing via fastboot?
Please note, on the Teracube 2e, you will have to reboot to fastbootd in order to flash a GSI.
fastboot reboot fastboot to go into fastbootd.

Hello Mr.

after command: fastboot reboot fastboot…
fastboot:usage:unknown reboot target fastboot
try to flash roar…gsi…img
fastboot flash system roar.img
writing system 1/12…
Failed remote (this parition dosent exist…

what can i do???

Hello Matrix,

Check your fastboot version:
fastboot --version

You might need to download the latest version from android(dot)com (platform tools).

1 Like