[Certified] Android 13.1.0 for Teracube 2e Zirconia (SN:2020)

Hi, @SpeakEasy could you recheck this on the latest update? Thanks!

Iā€™m really amazed to receive yet another update for the 2e from 2020 (zirconia) in 2024! The dedication of you guys is just great! After we saw some issues with updates (or the lack thereof) over a rather long period, this seems to have changed now, and we are seeing regular updates on Android 13, which is absolutely fascinating. Thank you. I would like to show some respect by donating a little. Do you have a way this could be done?

BTW: Iā€™m on 13.0.5, via OTA update from 13.0.4. Worked flawlessly. Even received an update notice :wink:

2 Likes

Feedback always helps! What worked, what didnā€™t, and if at all possible, what you understand about what was going on so the team can track issues down.

1 Like

New update 13.1.0 is live! You can update using Updater directly or update manually using the steps above.

4 Likes

Received notification yesterday, installed it, and workig flawlessly so far.
When installing 13, I had to do a clean install. But the rest of the updates everything has gone smoothly
Thanks to all the team :clap:

2 Likes

Updated from 13.0.5 to 13.1.0 on Saturday after doing root-prep (copy the OTA zip from /data/teracube_updates to Downloads, pick the zip from the Magisk patcher, copy both zip and patched boot img off-box) and doing my standard backup process (Whatsapp, fitness band manual export, Googleā€™s integrated) first. No problems and root came back easily afterwards, though I needed an extra reboot afterwards for all of the modules to actually function properly.
Duraspeed started with only two chat apps enabled, one of which I disabled as I have an alternative. If you want Google Play Services, Google Store, any email or weather or news apps, or anything else running in the backgroundā€¦ remember to add them. At least with Google Play services enabled, GSM push messages will wake up non-allowed apps as the requests come through, though it does seem like they will drop out afterwards.
Stuck ANR bug is still around, but Iā€™ve seen the ANR much less often with this build. As a reminder, if any App Not Responding shows up, clicking Wait will make the box go away for one cycle, but in another 5-10 seconds, the same app will show ANR again with the same Wait/Close box, until you finally allow Android to force-close. Seems like clicking Wait is supposed to clear some app flag or timer variable that doesnā€™t happen, causing it to still trigger.
Besides that, seems good. Only done a few reboots but Orna RPG, my standard first test for Webkit, has launched without needing to do a manual Webkit toggle on both reboots so that bug might be gone.

1 Like