Our next big thing

Glad you pointed this out. Ordered it right away to test it out :slight_smile::+1:.

2 Likes

Let me know. Iā€™m planning on getting the e2 also when it releases. If it works Iā€™ll get an extra battery and the charger off amazon.

2 Likes

Just chiming in, also on AT&T.

@Sharad Iā€™d like to request a very NICHE thing - please try to have the NFC compatible with Freestyle Libre, per my thread about not being able to use it? Someone else chimed in on that thread; I donā€™t know what percent 2 is out of your kickstarter base, but surely there are more folks who havenā€™t spoken up.
/amq

1 Like

Any tech specs? Iā€™m curious how it stacks up to the T1

I also like the recycle option.

1 Like

Just pre-ordered one. Super excited.

Hi @Sean_Hull - I hope you found the info. Posting it here just in case :slight_smile:.

Iā€™m very interested in the 2e, but before I splash out, does it support USB OTG (On The Go)? I have occasionally found it very useful to be able to access a USB memory stick directly from my phone.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, Teracube 2e supports USB OTG.

1 Like

Thanks!

If Iā€™m quick, there might still be some Super Early Bird options left! :slight_smile:

Itā€™s really good to see an affordable, more environmentally sustainable, phone>

4 Likes

Howdy, the new phone looks nice, but I didnā€™t see any mention of google fi. Will it work with google fi? thanks for the info!

Google fi is not supported on any of our phones. Their app has lots of activation issues as well as caused battery issues for some of our Teracube One customers. Our understanding is that Google fi is best meant for ā€œCertified for Fiā€ devices.

1 Like

Is there a maximum size of micro SD card that can be put into the 2E?

1 Like

128 GB is the max size for the microSD card accepted for Teracube 2e.

1 Like

Is it compatible with the mobile networks in Austria (like spusu) and Nepal (like NTC)?

Hi sorry for the late reply. Yes, Teracube 2e supports Spusu and Nepal as it uses LTE bands B3, B7, and B20.

I think the 2e has the potential to be a decent phone. I am in Australia and have ordered the 2e. I am aware that Australia will not get the free repair shipping. So, exactly how repairable is the 2e? For example, if I break the screen, would I be able to order a new screen, and replace it myself?

2 Likes

Yes - we will make all the spares (including the display) available for purchase as well as the repair howtoā€™s.

3 Likes

Excited to discover a smart phone with a commitment to sustainability.

What can you tell us about overall power use compared to other phones in itā€™s class?

Also, with ā€œnormalā€ use how many hours of use between charges?

1 Like

T2e is quite good in power management with its 4000mAh battery and 8 x A53 CPU cores. So far our sample units are averaging around 0.6-1.0%/hr in standby and 6-8%/hr of screen usage. Under normal usage, the phone should last anywhere between 40-55 hours (approx 2 days).

This looks great folks. I have been following progress since the Teracube One and I am excited to see where you progress from here.

A few questions.

1. Are there plans to have your devices ā€œcertifiedā€ for AndroidOne? (why/why not?) https://www.android.com/one/ ā€“ It seems like this comes with some good support for keeping updates current.

2. Front camera on the 2e - Auto focus? or fixed focal length?

3. Are there plans to make another midrange or even semi-flagship type phone that competes with the Pixel 5 (or future 5a)? I love the accessibility of this model, but I would also love to see a more high end option with the same type of reparability, etc.

1 Like