Service decline and demise with T1 and Ting

I have been using T1 and Ting for about a year now—working fine. I am using the LineageOS GSI. But over the past few weeks, SMS has stopped working each day, but then it connects again after a restart. Now I am traveling some, and the phone hardly ever connects to a network.

When I tried contacting Ting, they told me to follow this APN setup guide, but the phone won’t let me add the necessary “dun” APN Type, so they told me to contact Teracube for help.

Do you have any ideas about what is wrong? I am thinking maybe I should give up on Lineage and go back to the standard Teracube Android. But can you think of anything else that might be going on?

2 Likes

Hey! I think LineageOS GSI maybe has some issues with IMS.
1.) Is your sim 4G/VoLTE supported? If yes then try installing ims apn from Phh Treble Settings.
2.) Alternative, you can try switching to Teracube A10 10.0.2 Stock ROM, it shouldn’t have such issues.

Also if you want to be on LineageOS, just reproduce the bug and attach me a logcat using the command adb logcat > t1.log and attach the file here, so I can see if there’s a workaround, if not you can always try the official stock firmware.

Regards,
Aryan Sinha,
AOSP Developer & Linux Enthusiast

Thanks for this! Can you say more about option 1? How do I install the correct “ims apn”? I see the installation area in Treble Settings, but I’m not sure what to install.

I really appreciate your help (and your Linux enthusiasm!).

Hi! I guess it should say to create ims apn or something like that, just click on that and let me know. also does your sim supports 4G/VoLTE?

I believe the sim does support 4G. 4G works on my wife’s phone with the same company.

There is a “Create IMS APN” option, and after pressing it, I installed it and it said it was installed. I haven’t noticed any change of behavior, though.

If I do go the route of returning to the official stock, do you know of a good guide for flashing with SP Flash Tool? I’m finding myself a bit lost in what to do with this strange old app.

1.) Then try to enable ims by clicking all options inside mediatek ims settings in phh treble settings and then reboot
2.) here a guide to revert to official stock rom using sp flash

Regards

1 Like

Thank you! I’m trying this, but I’m getting this error in on the terminal from SP Flash Tool on step 8:

open VID device failed!

unbind@/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.1

unbind@/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.0

remove@/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.0

On the phone screen, ti shows a low battery image (the battery is full), and the text says:

Orange State

Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted
Your device will boot in 5 seconds

And it stays like that indefinitely.

Either that or I get this:

add@/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-3/1-3:1.0/tty/ttyACM0

vid is 0e8d

device vid = 0e8d

pid is 2000

device pid = 2000

com portName is: /dev/ttyACM0

Total wait time = -1657821135.000000
USB port is obtained. path name(/dev/ttyACM0), port name(/dev/ttyACM0)
USB port detected: /dev/ttyACM0
Connect BROM failed: STATUS_ERR(-1073676287)
Disconnect!
BROM Exception! ( ERROR : STATUS_ERR (-1073676287) , MSP ERROE CODE : 0x00. 

[HINT]:
)((ConnectBROM,../../../flashtool/Conn/Connection.cpp,100))

Any suggestions? I really appreciate your help.

May I know how you are running SP Flash Tool - the exact command you use to start the program?

I’m running it on Ubuntu Linux with the ./flash-tool command.

Can you use sudo before ./flash_tool? That almost always fixes things for me.

As in, sudo ./flash_tool

Good idea—that worked. And the download proceeded. I got to:

Download Succeeded.
Disconnect!

But now the phone isn’t booting. And now SP Flash Tool doesn’t seem to detect it.

Correction: I plugged it in to the computer, and it booted. I still have this message, though—can I lock the bootloader?

Orange State

Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted
Your device will boot in 5 seconds
2 Likes

Glad to know it worked. Yes, you can lock the bootloader.
Press power + vol up, you will see a menu with three options, to go to recovery mode, fastboot mode, and normal boot. Use the volume key mentioned to navigate through the menu to go to fastboot mode, and then run fastboot flashing lock. This will lock your bootloader.
After this step, run fastboot reboot to go back to Android.

If you don’t want to do it this way, enable USB debugging in Android (via Developer Options) and then reboot to bootloader that way using adb reboot bootloader and then run fastboot flashing lock. This will lock your bootloader. After this step, run fastboot reboot to go back to Android.

1 Like

Fabulous, thanks so much! Working very nicely now.

2 Likes