Teracube 2e for sale

T-Mobile said I had coverage so I had a friend come out to my house that was on T-Moblie and there phone worked to make calls etc.

So I ordered my Teracube 2e, very excited to get out from under Google. I signed up with MInt Mobile but could not get my phone to make or recieve calls.

I guess I will have to go with the Pixel and a non removable battery.

So I need to sell this one and use the money toward the Pixel.

Hi @cyneburg - this could be a temporary or a hardware issue. Can you try a different TMobile-based SIM in the phone (try both 1st and 2nd SIM slots)? We can replace your phone as well (contact us).

Is Mint Mobile part of T-Mobile?

T-Mobile said I had coverage so I had a friend come out to my house that was on T-Moblie and there phone worked to make calls etc.

So I ordered my Teracube 2e, very excited to get out from under Google. I signed up with MInt Mobile but could not get my phone to make or recieve calls.

I guess I will have to go with the Pixel and a non removable battery.

Asking $300

Yes it is.

Do they offer exactly the same service? Some of those budget plans may have some very fine print.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I dont remember seeing any contract. I dont think there is one. You can come and go as you please.

I did talk to Someone at a T-Mobile store and they seemed to think that carriers that use TM towers etc, can not transmitt at the same strength TM does. Some times at only 30-40%. I dont know if they knew what they were talking about, is all.
They might have been just trying to sell me on a TM plan.

Darcy

Have this friend come to your house and swap SIM cards. If you still have no reception then it is your phone. If you have reception then it is the budget network.
My experence with the Terracube 2e, at least in the Great White North, is that it has good reception. As good if not better than my old BB Key 2.

LOL, they are in India for the next several months.
But… good idea. I will find some one else and do that, thanks!

Darcy

It’s not about signal strength like they implied, but prioritization of traffic.

1st party carrier and MVNO traffic gets first priority and speed, everyone else gets slices of the remaining capacity in best-effort manner, which may result in drops, slow speed, or just other unreliable behaviors.