[Advanced Users Only] Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 1 - Teracube 2e

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Welcome to Paranoid Android.

Device-specific issues

• WiFi STA+SAP concurrency doesn’t work

• WiFi calling doesn’t work, options grayed out since AOSP telephony stack on CAF

• Release notes on AOSPA-2e/releases.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported unless the kernel says it supports PA and GMS is included!

Firmare required: Stock SW6. It will not work on firmware above SW6.

Optimized CAF to run on MediaTek chipsets without much hacks.

Preferably, use a single SIM card since I don’t have two to test.

Grab the releases at:

1. TWRP release for the Teracube 2e: TWRP [Encryption on TWRP is still dead at the moment, do not panic if you don’t see your files in TWRP, they are all safe, and sideloading is preferred]
  2. Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 1

Instructions to install:

1. Download the latest ZIP and my TWRP release.
  2. Reboot to bootloader.
  3. Flash the recovery using fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  4. Reboot to recovery using fastboot reboot recovery
  5. Flash the ZIP via recovery, and reboot.
  6. Wait for a while, the first boot will take quite a lot of time.

Sincere thanks to Jake, Elias and Teracube.

Kernel sources: AOSPA-2e/android_kernel_teracube_2e

ROM sources: AOSPA

Entire device sources: AOSPA-2e.

Screenshots.

1 Like

bummer wifi calling doesnt work. id love to try this one but i need wifi calling to many places where i work there is basically no signal on tmobile. looks really nice though

I’m sorry about the bug… it’s just that I am still trying to fix it, and now with SW16 out, will have to upgrade to newer blobs and properties, and I sincerely hope it fixes it.
Btw, if you face lags, do disable blur in the display settings. Gaussian blur is pretty taxing on any device, so it’ll improve performance by a considerable margin.

i would be all about trying it with that fixed keep me posted

Yesss, I’m on it