Android 12/ Android 13 for Teracube One

I’m referring to the launch, since we are so due for the new Android OS!

1 Like

Meanwhile, Android 10 is unlikely to receive these updates.

Is there any word at all??

4 Likes

Meanwhile, Android 14 (in beta phase) is out!

4 Likes

It’s now the end of October 2023, we are still stuck on an outdated Android 10 without security updates. This is certainly not what we were promised and really disappointing. So where is this Android 12 that you have been running for almost a year Sharad?

3 Likes

Hi @Wulfgar - I’m sorry that the T1-Android 12 efforts did not move further after the Alpha release.

1 Like

That’s disappointing to hear Sharad. And does not bod well for the future of Teracube as longer term support of their phones is one of the main selling points. Now myself and I’m sure many others will be looking for another brand. Fairphone would be a good alternative but they are not currently available in the USA market.

2 Likes

So does this mean the Teracube One won’t get Android 12 or higher at all?

1 Like

This is indeed extremely disappointing and frustrating beyond any measures!!! Our devices are utterly useless and extremely vulnerable without the latest OS!!!

1 Like

I hope we at least get Android 11 sometime soon.

1 Like

I just wanna know. Are we getting an official Android 14 update on the Teracube One at any point? Because if not, I’m thinking of downloading and flashing an Android 14 GSI.

2 Likes

Any updates new build availability? I just restored my T1 back to factory. Thanks.

1 Like

Yeah I’m still wondering if the Teracube One will get any Android 11 or Android 12 support.

2 Likes

I don’t believe that it will be any OS releases for the Teracube One. Meanwhile, any tutorials, links, on what and how we should flash the 14 GSI?

1 Like

I’ve tried EVERY single compatible build of Android 13 GSI and NONE of them ever got past the bootscreen. I don’t know how flashing an Android 14 GSI will do any better.

We were promised at least 3yrs of Android support for the Teracube One too and all we got was an Android 10 update. What happened to that?

2 Likes

We are working on it and you should see something soon!

2 Likes

Let’s hope it’s not the same soon as before!

Define “soon.”

What type of timeframe are you talking about when you say we should see something soon?

We should either get Android 13 or some type of compensation because this is just ridiculous.

The trend on this post does not look good for Teracube. I have loved the phone. Storage space is amazing, the phone doesn’t seem to be laggy, and my battery life is still good, but I recently discovered when switching jobs I can’t get my work apps because the OS is outdated. It looks like the only answer company reps ever give is “soon”. Can the community get some more concrete updates on OS updates?

Two years later and soon isn’t here!