[Beta] EEA 2 (SW16 - EU) for Teracube 2e

Hi @carepackage17 @Pastis and others who are seeing the roaming icon, could you please help us in diagnosing the roaming issue. Please install this new debug update and share Dev logs from it. This is the same build as EEA 2 with some extra logging.

1 Like

I’m just on my summer holidays. I will install it next week. I hope it will help you.
Should I do something special to report log file or will this work automatically?

Thanks for helping out. Yes next week would work - sooner the better :slight_smile: . Once you run the build and see the unexpected roaming icon, then you can share logs using these steps.

One more ask please. Users who are seeing the Roaming indicator, could you install the original EU build (EEA1) and check if everything is working fine.

Here are the instructions - [Advanced] Installing an Android image w/ SP Flash

Hi,
Since I’m really looking forward to that update I want to help you test here.
The issue seem to be fixed, at least it’s working for me.
I still was on Teracube_2e_EEA_01_selftest (I always try to stick to release versions) and can confirm that I had no roaming indicator issue here.

Here is what I did:

• Enter sim
  • Factory reset
  • Reboot
  • Wait for network connection
  • Dev mode → Full bug report (store it somewhere)
  • Update to the debug update you’ve shared
  • Still no Bug - network is working
  • enabled roaming (just for testing)
  • Reboot → still no issue
  • Dev mode → Full bug report

So I now have both bug reports but since I don’t have the issue I guess they are useless for you?

On a sidenote I want to mention that most EU users won’t care about this Roaming indicator bug. I’m 99% sure that there won’t be any additional charges (I had the same issue back in 2015 using a custom rom). Additionally roaming in the EU is mostly free since their fair use policy (it will only affect people on EU borders)

My actual problem is that I need to have android security updates up to date (at least 6 month back). Otherwise the security policy of my company restricts me to use some important apps.

Just curious: what will happen if I use the non-EU version in europe?

I’ve also joined the Telegram group linked here [Beta-Debug] EEA 2-debug Open Test (SW16 - EU) for Teracube 2e if you need any further information.

Thank you very much for your efforts!

I sent you by mail 4 reports.

1. report in Italy. Real roaming in roaming network an normal to see R and to have extra cost.
  2. report in Switzerland in my home network “Salt” no R visible
  3. report in Switzerland in my home network “Salt” with R visible and data on roaming declined in the phone and no data exchange possible.
  4. report in Switzerland in my home network “Salt” with R visible and data on roaming accepted in the phone and data exchange possible

Network selected manually for 2, 3 and 4 → “Salt”

Screenshot for 3rd report:

Screenshot for 4th report:

1 Like

Before updating to EEA2 I never had the “R” and no issue with “data on roaming” declined in my phone. I always had data exchange possible in my network “Salt”. I always have network selected manually because I’m living close to Austria, and it is switching easy to foreign networks.
Only since EEA2 I have the issue losing data connection when the R is displayed and declined “data on roaming”. (See screenshots in my previous post)

1 Like

I installed original EU build EEA1 and checked it.
It is working everywhere fine (work and home). As long as I’m in logged into my carrier “Salt” I do not see the “R” and I do not need to allow “data at roaming” in the Android settings to have data connection.
If I change to roaming carrier like “A1” from Austria, the “R” is coming and data is blocked as long as not allowed in Android settings. So everything is as it has to be.

1 Like

Thanks @Pastis for confirming this. The Dev team is now working on isolating the carrier code that could be causing issues. Will report once they find something.

1 Like

Any updates on the EU update?

It’s taking more time than we expected. We are working with the manufacturer ODM to isolate AT&T changes (they had helped us with the certification). The side issue is that work on Android 11 has started in parallel which is making it slightly more complicated to fix something in Android 10.

1 Like

What’s the status on this, given that you’re already looking for Alpha testers for Android 11?

We are going for Android 11 directly. Still a few months out though.

Well… I received my Teracube with a delay… in March 2021…
Then I haven’t had any software update on it… Still dealing with calls defaulting to Speaker, the annoying drop down when sweeping left and right on the home screen, bluetooth range issues…
And now you’re telling me that the bugfixes I’ve been waiting for are not coming and that Android 11 is months away (which means “many months away” given the deadlines you’ve already missed…). I’m very disappointed and I think I’m not the only one :frowning:
Could you please reconsider and deliver updates for Android 10, while also working on releasing Android 11?
Thank you!

1 Like