Bluetooth issue connecting with car

Hi there,
i connected the 2e with my Ford Focus and it worked well (music and phone calls). But everytime i restart the car the connection is broken. Sometime the Ford shows “Teracube 2e - not provided”, i see the last spotify song, but i am unable to skip, play or choose another song. I have to reconnect , allthough the 2e is the default bluetooth device.

1 Like

Have you searched to see if this issue is also happening to others? Also check to ensure your ford software is upto date. A friend with an LG has issues sonetimes on his Chev 2500.

The Ford software is upto date, yes. The 2 previous smartphones haven’t had these issues. I will have a look at it in the next days after getting some experience with the 2e.

1 Like

Some other members have reported some bluetooth issues with Range. Might be an idea to test without case and having the phone near the radio. Though with distance you should be more than fine imho.

Could you try this just to see if it makes a difference - Next time before starting your car, restart the phone first. Wait for the phone to be booted and then start the car. This is not a solution but more of a data point.

1 Like

@Heliosurge
I also recognised the Bluetooth distance problem during riding with my e-bike with Bluetooth inEars. Phone was in a side pocket right leg. Distance approximately 1m-1.2m. But I thought it was low battery of my inEars. The symptoms were exactly as mentioned in the other thread. I will test it again after charging.
But I can’t imagine that the case could be the origin of this issue. I depend on something like that case. And the distance within the car should be fine in every seat. The phone is 20 cm away from cockpit.

1 Like

@Sharad
I will try so in a few minutes. I have to go for work :sweat_smile:

No difference after rebooting phone. I suppose it is a kind of runtime problem, because the phone is a bit slow and the car looses patience waiting for the device. When i switch Bluetooth off and on on the Teracube during car tells me " Device not provided" , i switch audio source to fm radio and then back to Bluetooth i have a good chance to get connection. I will test it if it is kind of reproduce able.

1 Like

@longman - few questions:

1. Do your other brand phones/devices experience the same issue with your car Bluetooth?
  2. What about your Bluetooth inEars - do they reconnect automatically to Teracube 2e?
1 Like

to 1.
No, the other devices haven’t had this issue. Sometimes i had to skip a song forward to start music but wasn’t forced the other steps.
to 2.
The issues with the inEars are not the total loss of connection but the short interruption and shredded sound as mentioned in someone’s thread “Bluetooth distance…”
Update to 2:
Distance >120cm between inEars and phone lead to total loss of connection

1 Like

Jumping in on this one… I use my smartphone as a key (bluetooth) for my Tesla. I rarely am able to walk up to the door and have the car unlock instantly. I typically have to tap the phone on the B pillar to unlock as you would do with a plastic card fob. That or cycle the handle a few times (sometimes to no avail). With Apple and Samsung phones, it would detect probably 15-20 ft away. Not a huge deal, just thought I would share. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today in my lunch break i tested with smartphone in my hand instead pocket, but it does not make any difference. The sound/connection with the inEars is shredded. Distance of ~30cm is okay but for me it is far to low.

1 Like