Camera photo quality

Was wondering if anyone else has used the camera since the update. I can’t say for certain the image quality was better before the recent update, but the image quality now is shockingly bad when taken through Hangouts. It’s not as bad when using the default camera app, but it’s still pretty blurry…

Just checking to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Hi do you have the anti-shake option on in the camera app. I have done pictures through Facebook and they were good, the anti-shake is not on by default. Go to the camera app open it. You will see in the top left corner a gear (Menu) click it . The anti shake option is at the top. Turn it on. This made a huge difference for me for picture quality. Hope this helps

1 Like

Could you post a decently lit picture? Is the camera able to focus (tap the screen where you want it to focus).

The anti shake made a huge difference, thank you!

1 Like

Yea, it focuses okay if the lighting is good, I guess I took how good my LG V20 is in low-lit environments for granted…

This is with some lights turned on in my living room, but not all lights turned on all the way.

The pictures still come out pretty terribad unless I have really strong lighting.

Any software enhancements that can be made here? I’m using the stock camera. Has anyone had better luck maybe using a different camera app?

IMG_20200325_154100_01|690x388

I’m waiting for Android 10 to try and get Googles Camera Software.

2 Likes

Yea, I was shocked that they didn’t have anything official in the play store.

could you make a screenshot? because i cannot find ant-shake, i have: picture size, location info, brand watermark, camera mute, touch shooting, self timer, frid line, ZSD, volume key feature, anti flicker, ISO, storage path and reset. Maybe im stupid?

I am on Android 10 and I just looked, less settings than android 9 and no anti shaking that I could find. Stock app.

thanks. well i will try out the openCamera i think

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend OpenCamera, I can’t figure how to make the damn app take pictures in portrait mode… Countless threads and forum posts worth of suggestions tried and it still only takes pictures and saves them in portrait mode, and I shouldn’t have to edit every image after the fact to get them in the correct orientation. And the image quality isn’t any better. I’ve come to the conclusion the issue isn’t software, it’s hardware. I’ve had issues with this camera on every version of the Android OS they’ve released.

I’ve been forced to basically ask my wife to take pictures every
time we need to, the Teracube camera quite simply takes awful pictures and I’ve gotten no resolution on this at all…

And this is someone who has always put camera/image quality at the bottom of his needs from a phone.

@Sharad I’m almost to the point of sending this in for you all to repair or replace, but I don’t feel like I should have to pay the repair cost on something that hasn’t worked since day 1.

My 5 year old LG V20 takes better photos.

Hi @dmondra2 - could you compare your pictures to the samples in this folder. I would say if they are comparable, then your phone is working as expected. If not, then please share some photos here or by PM’ing me.

Thise images don’t look great. That’s not resounding comfort. I’ve previously posted images above that look just awful.

I’ll upload more when I get home.

My only gripes with this phone are the camera and gps, I have phones going back nearly 8-9 that are more dependable for pictures or navigation.

Here are some photos taken on the phone that I’d feel fine sharing, I don’t have many photos on this phone, because again, the photos never come out great, so I always angrily delete them and retake them and then give up and ask my wife to use her phone instead, which is in the same price bracket as the T1.

If you’re using OpenCamera, you can take advantage of reducing the Noise Reduction and increasing the Image Enhancement/Sharpening.

You should be able to return reasonable images (given sensor size/price):

At the cost of portrait mode not working at all.

I cannot get opencamera to take or save images while held in portrait mode as portrait images.

After going through do is of articles, blog posts, and forum/bug posts in that issue. No resolution there either.

Do you have Auto-Rotation disabled perchance?

It has to be a local issue to your device because I can’t reproduce that on five Teracube_One devices I have access to.

Disabled through the phone settings? No not all, every other app including stock camera works fine in portrait vs landscape.

I’ve followed all manner of posts and suggestions specific to OpenCamera and have had no luck taking pictures in portrait mode and them storing as vertically oriented.

The image quality is not improved through OpenCamera anyways, again this does not appear to be a software issue.

The only pictures that don’t come out awful are those taken outdoors on bright sunny days, and even then it takes multiple attempts sometimes to get a decent picture.

Sorry to double reply. I did realize that I had installed OpenCamera through fdroid, even after clearing cache and data and reinstall still had issues.

I uninstalled and installed from play store instead, and while the app itself still doesn’t work properly in portrait mode (some things do some things don’t for example the home and back keys are properly on the bottom, holding the home button causes the assistant to pop out to the right from the left side of the phone instead of popping up from the bottom of the phone when held vertically, same with the phone settings I have to drag to left from the right edge instead of driving en from the top edge which is annoying to have to read sideways or reorient my phone. Notifications also appear as if I was hold the phone horizontally even though I’m holding it vertically) the pictures are saving vertically.

Pictures appear to still be awful in indoor environment, I’ll mess with the settings you suggested and keep trying.