Can the next version of the phone come with some features for the paranoid?

This is not a request for the current model of the phone, but something for a future model…

On the back of the phone have 5 sliders. When moved to the off position they would break the connection for power between the phone and

1. microphone
  2. camera
  3. wifi
  4. bluetooth
  5. battery

For those times when you absolutely positively want to be safe, remove the power from the connections to the outside world, and in the last case, physically disconnect the battery from everything.

I can think of a certain annual gathering in Las Vegas where any sane person would feel much better being able to push those switches. Just because you are paranoid does not mean someone is not out to get you.

2 Likes

Interesting suggestion for hardware controls. We will keep this in mind - although it is a tough one especially since there are many software apps/widgets to serve the same purpose (let us know if you need recommendations on that).

Keep the suggestions coming :slight_smile:.

Keep the suggestions coming"

Well then if this is the thread for feature creep wishlists – I would really like to be able to turn off screen lock temporarily without losing stored fingerprints for when I turn screen lock back on.

I’m using a “trusted device” as a workaround for the time being.

1 Like

Now that is something which Google might have to handle :slight_smile:. I used to use an app called “J Touch”. One of its shortcuts allowed to keep the screen indefinitely without it timing out. This was useful in situations like scoring a kids game for 1-2 hours.

1 Like

I hadn’t found this myself, but I also do not want to lose fingerprints like this

There’s a “Power” button. Turn the phone off. Think about it. If you want none of the features of the phone available, why would you want to just drain battery?

It’s a low priority but it was mentioned earlier on the the ar/vr part is not activated. The chip is capable of it from all the specs I have read up on. Future option on the wish list is to make that available. No rush and thank you.

The purism librem 5 does this: https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/