[Certified] Android 11.0.4 for Teracube 2e 1st batch (SN: 2020)

Having fingerprints issue, not displaying on my start screen and the apps I use say it is disabled. Suspect is the security update since oct 2021 had to revert back to codes and two factor authentication.

1 Like

Welcome!

Sorry to hear that.

Are you certain it stopped right after the update?

I updated around December 2022 started doing this today.

1 Like

Have you done a cache reset and a system reset? If so and it still doesn’t work, you’ll need to send it in for a warranty repair.

1 Like

I’ve upgraded from stock 10 to 11.0.4 a few weeks ago, and it went smoothly. Phone seems a bit more responsive as well. The new camera app focuses much faster and has more features to tweak the photo settings. Quality is decent. The fingerprint reader seems a bit better now. On 10, it often had trouble detecting the finger was present.

Previously, I had quite a few apps installed I no longer use and this update was a good excuse to flush the kruft. However, even with fewer apps and stuff running, and I am mostly on wifi (work at home), the battery life seems about 20-30% shorter. Since I do not use the phone all that much, I used to rock 3-4 days between full charges, now down to 2-3 days with the same usage pattern.

However, there is one issue that is more critical and somewhat annoying. On 10, I was able to connect to the 5 GHz 802.11nac wifi router set to mixed WPA2/WPA3 PSK, SAE (CCMP). The phone can see the 5 GHz network, but cannot authenticate: on the router status I see the Teracube MAC and IP address pop up and then disconnect. An old iPhone 6s, iPad 4 mini, and Android 10 tablet connect to the 5 GHz just fine. And yes, I’ve rebooted, cleared cache and deleted saved wifi entries several times.

3 Likes

Can you try not using mixed-mode (forcing just WPA2 and then just WPA3) and see if it behaves better?

Yes, forcing WPA2-PSK appears to work. WPA3 does not. I fond it odd that Android 11 can’t correctly negotiate the secure connection. I have some newer 802.11ac devices capable of WPA3 so would like to have that available.

2 Likes

I just got a new phone through warranty and it says it has build 11.0.5 but I am having difficulty receiving messages from iphone specifically, i can get photos and messages from one i phone 13 but the rest it will not work. My friends tell me that my phone number registers as iphone. Checked with the carrier (metro by t-mobile, California USA) and they say there is no problem with the network. Any guidance is appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome!

Sorry for the trouble.

What messaging app are you using?

If you’re using Google Messages, try disabling the RCS Features and just use SMS/MMS to see if that behaves better.

1 Like

Since doing this upgrade a few months ago, the following no longer work:

incoming text messages. On rare occasions, I get them, but mostly, not. This makes it all but impossible to do things like banking.

Bluetooth connect to my ELM-327 CANBUS module in my car.

The “Transparent Clock and weather” widget cannot update and it’s UI is broken, it no longer responds to touch input.

I see someone else has reported problems with text messages.
I am happy to no longer get nagged to let the service run that allows interop with iPhone text messages. That was hugely annoying, but I’m not sure it’s worth the loss of text messages.

1 Like

Note regarding the Google Pay issue - working for me again as of yesterday on 11.0.4. My Google Play Store is on version 36.3.12-29, my Google Play Services is 23.25.14, and my Google Play system update is June 1 2023.

My wife is still on 11.0.3 and her Google Play system update is a few years old and still can’t tap. It stopped at the same time, so Google might have started enforcing some newer update. Not sure which of my updates is the silver bullet, but… the Android 12 tap issue might be fixed as well if components are fully updated.

1 Like

Update on this. Was able to tap yesterday (Wednesday) but today I got the message about not meeting security anymore. Checked under Security and the July update was available. After installing and rebooting, Google Pay no longer complains about my security.

Looks like tap-to-pay simply requires now being on the current security update, whatever that happens to be.

1 Like