Clear case?

any possibility of a clear case? my daughter has been asking and asking me of they will do a clear one a lot of the kids like to be able to put pics inside the case being clear. i told her im not sure since ive seen where you guys say no other case. is the case included is fine but would there not be a way to bring them in even in different colors? i know you would need different molds made if you change the style of the case but how about the same exact case just in some other colors? if not i made have to use silicone and make her one (ive done it before with other phones lol) i would prefer a pre made on though.

2 Likes

You are right - having different colors and/or transparent case would be so much desirable. From our side, it is the game of volume requirements. With our current numbers, we can only make 1 color/type of case. Hoping that changes as we grow in future :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

if someone wanted to have some cases made to fit the phone (i have many contacts for manufacturing over there) and have a batch of clear ones made would that be an issue to sell them? of course as non original non oem. i might consider doing that at some point ill get some pricing since im curious.

1 Like

That would be wonderful. Let us know how we can help with that process. You can sell them on Amazon as well as list them here in the Marketplace section. We will promote them in our emails as well.

ps: One suggestion - do keep them almost as protective as the original case (or even more). Handling screen breakage is not something exciting :upside_down_face: as you can imagine.

1 Like

they would be the same basically very slight changes just a bit less “sharp” on the raised corners otherwise the shape of the stock one is great imo. ill be calling some people i know over there tomm. my husband can make a mold here and send it over also. he deals with a number of manufacturing companies in china in a regular basis.

2 Likes

Choice is a good thing, That said, I really like the idea of the biodegradable case that the 2e ships with.

3 Likes

yeah i doubt clear would be able to be bio. i do agree but with clear i dont think that it would remain clear. ill also ask about some other colors when we call them about being bio. ill see what they say and what the qty is.

2 Likes

Something to keep in mind 3m tape is pure Cellulose plant fiber so in theory a fully biodegradable clear case should be possible.

1 Like

interesting i will ask them.

1 Like

we have sent off one of the black cases to a company he deals with often and they will let us know once they get it. they think going by the measurements we sent them there is another case for another model phone that is super close to the same thing and would just need a few minor tweaks to work for this one so wouldnt need a whole new mold. it will be a good 1-2 weeks but i will post here once we have any updates.

2 Likes

i was able to get a blank clear case and i will make / mark the holes and then send that off to another company also. this is a case for another phone with identical specs almost to the mm size wise. there are no holes in this one so we can mark them out and then they will send me a laser cut sample. this would be much cheaper then a new mold if it works. and this particular case comes in a bunch of colors i think maybe a dozen or more. these are not bio. the other company we sent out a black case to was asked about one like the original bio wise.

3 Likes

This would be a great choice for users if it works out. Thanks for pursuing this.

1 Like

and what happened?

1 Like

i did get a handful of test units which fit fine but they raised the limits on the min qty to order to far to many for me to buy that many. i do not see that many 2e users and for me to buy 500 or more cases i would never sell them all. the tests units are in use. the only other option is using a case for another phone there were a few that fit the phone perfect overall size wise but things like the headphone jack had to be cut out. i even asked in a few phone groups etc and had just a tiny amount of people who even had the 2e. if you know someone who has a 3d printer you could print off a few in various colors they are not as good as a full rubber case but the couple i tested still worked pretty well.