Dual Sims issues

Til now, most of the time, my teracube phone running properly util I started to use the dual sim feature. I have experienced 2 situations:

1. when I stop the mobile data from sim1 and change to use mobile data from sim2, it’s very straight that after around 2 hours, the phone started to lost data connection totally. To fix this, I need to stop the mobile data from sim2 and then re-enable it again. It’s very annoying while I am using it to have online teaching to my students.
  2. during the mobile data from sim2 is used and the mobile data from sim1 is disabled, and there is phone call coming in from sim1, the mobile data from sim2 is cut and connection lost. Expected that it should be coming from different modules and shouldn’t affect each other.

Just to share some situations that I met, hope to help to refine the next gen phone, thanks.

1 Like

Teracube One has what is called Dual SIM Dual Standby: Basically both SIMs can be active at the same time. However, only one of them can take a call at any time. There is only one radio transceiver (you can read more about this here)

This will explain your #2 issue. #1 issue is more intriguing. Could you swap the two SIM cards (move SIM1 to slot2 and vice versa) and let us know what happens.

1 Like

Hi, I tried to swap the sims and remain the settings for few days and finally figure out the actual situation of issue #1.

Under the swapped sim condition, the disconnected problem happens again when I using sim1 for mobile data (sim2 mobile data is turned off) and there is a phone call coming in with sim2. After finishing phone call with sim2, the data connection of sim 1 is lost and cannot be recovered. The solution is I need to turn on sim2’s mobile data once and the connection of sim1 can be up again. I tried just turn off and on sim1 mobile data before turn on sim2 mobile data but no effect on the resumption.

That’s all my finding, see if it helps, thanks.

1 Like