/e/ OS update issue

Update: This is an ongoing issue in /e/ OS updater. They are looking into it. Details here.

A user is looking for help with /e/ OS Lineage

each morning, I am prompted to update my phone, and when I download the update and click Install, I receive an error message that Updater Keeps Stopping. I am currently due update since April of this year (about the time the phone was purchased).

Android current:
0.22-r-20220307169166-stable-emerald

Build date:
Mon Mar 7 19:43:29 UTC 2022

lineage_emerald-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 eng.root.20220307.194443 dev-keys

What immediately jumps out at me is that this looks like an /e/OS build number, where the update from e-0.22-r → e-0.23-r → e-1.0-r → e-1.1-r were missed, together with the 5 onward updates shown here.

(Older images are not on archive to enable a check that this is verifiable.)

Edit, perhaps a screen shot from the whole screen of Settings > System updates would throw more light on this.

Two suggestions where I suggest you to try to confirm the state of the device before offering the following.

Perhaps your user has installed Lineage over /e/ without things like Format Data?

Alternatively,

The advice to a /e/ user might be to go to

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > top right 3 dot menu > show system > Updater (might be aka System updater ) > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache.

2 Likes

You are correct - this is an /e/ OS user. Updated the original post to reflect that.

This might work :+1: . Will share that with the user. Thank you.

Update: This is an ongoing issue in /e/ OS updater. They are looking into it. Details here.

1 Like

I read through the issue Update to 1.1 fails on Teracube 2e (2e) (#5766) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab, it seems to be a 2020 2e issue issue. 2020 2e stable /e/OS builds are not currently available beyond v1.1.

This issue would be new in emerald, I think.

It might be interesting to see a screenshot of the Recovery mode screen; it seems a few issues started in a few devices with a poor v1.07 /e/ Recovery.

1 Like