I’ve been having issues for some months with my Teracube (Teracube 2e 1st Batch, SN: 2020, Board: yk673v6_lwg62_64), /e/OS, T-Mobile (US) and LTE. I’m not sure where the problem is, but here are some of the symptoms:
- Restarting my phone, toggling airplane mode, or anything else disrupting the data connection will cause network registration to take a while (usually several minutes, but sometimes longer)
- Sometimes my phone will only connect to the “Edge” network
- Sometimes my phone will not register at all but will say something about only emergency calls allowed
- When LTE works, it’s completely normal (speed, functions, etc)
The only way I can consistently get LTE access is when I perform the following steps:
- Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
- Restart phone (I don’t think this is required, but I do it anyway)
- Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network > Access Point Names > Create new APN
- Use the following settings (notice these are identical to the default T-Mobile APN, but some minor differences)
- Wait a few minutes, then everything works
The above APN settings are very similar to the default/recommended T-Mobile APN settings, but only two differences (at least from the current /e/OS install):
- APN protocol. Default is IPv6, but I must use IPv4/IPv6 selection.
- APN roaming protocol. Default is IPv4, but again, I must use IPv4/IPv6 selection.
Previous iterations of this required me to ensure “xcap” was specified in the “APN type” but it seems this is specified by the default T-Mobile APN settings lately. Also, I would adjust the default APN (rather than create a custom APN) but it seems to only retain my changes for a short time, then revert. Furthermore, as of today, the default APN is not editable, so I must create a custom APN.
For what it’s worth, I am running the latest /e/OS for the Teracube.
And now for my question: are others experiencing this problem? I have found some posts about related issues, which helped me find the specific steps to workaround my issue, but nothing really talking about this issue directly.