Earpiece Speaker Problems

I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their phone’s earpiece speaker? I started having trouble, factory reset my phone a couple of times, and the earpiece started working again. Now, after a time, it no longer works. I flashed the Android 12 alpha 1, but that didn’t seem to help. I’m back on 10.0.2 at present. I wonder if anyone else is having the same troubles with their earpiece?

2 Likes

Do you get no sound from it at all, no matter the volume, in a call or not?

Have you tried plugging and unplugging headphones and cleaning the headphone jack with a QTip with a bit of isopropyl on it?

1 Like

Correct, I don’t get any sound out of the earpiece (but it works fine on speakerphone). Really good ideas about the headphone jack. I tried everything you suggest, but unfortunately it still isn’t working properly. However, it may still have something to do with the headphone jack, since it has been touchy for quite some time. Thank you for the thoughtful suggestion, I’ll keep trying stuff. I’d rather not have to purchase a new phone if I can help it.

1 Like

This used to be called the “Ghost Headphone” issue way back in my Palm days, and I still see it happen.

Does this shortcut app work so you can turn on an icon to see if your phone thinks the headphones are plugged in?

1 Like

If everything else fails, don’t hesitate to contact us for a warranty replacement.

2 Likes

Thanks for the helpful suggestion! That particular app wasn’t compatible with my OS (10.0.2), but I found a SystemUI Tuner app that is.

The phone does not think the headphone is plugged in. I plugged in some headphones, and the headphone icon appeared. The icon disappeared when I unplugged the headphones.

2 Likes

Ah, unfortunately, I think it might be time to get a Warranty Repair going as suggested by Sharad.

Glad you were able to test/verify, though :slight_smile:

2 Likes