Gps not working

This is quite odd and really unfortunate.

Could you please verify that the Settings → About Phone menu still shows your IMEI Numbers?
Also, do you have any other issues with it like calling/texting, or is it isolated to just the navigation apps not taking the GPS signal?

I do not know that yet, unfortunately, but going by prior releases, likely during the public Beta phase.

1 Like

Texting images was taking forever.
IMEIs numbers are there.
As I have mentioned before, I tried 3 different apps same issue.

1 Like

I know you’ve discussed that you do not wish to be interrupted with replacing the phone again, but at this juncture given the issues you’re having and no clear way to fix them, it seems like it might be a hardware issue or a low-level issue that a reflash/reset can’t fix.

In any case, I highly recommend you have the unit replaced under warranty as soon as convenient for you.

I apologize for the frustration around this issue.

1 Like

It’s very frustrating, especially that every time I get a refurbished device which has issues, not to mention I’m losing apps data and have to reconfigure many things.

What’s the best way to root it, so I could back up the apps data?

1 Like

If your bootloader is already unlocked, this guide should be best:

Please note that if your bootloader is not yet unlocked, this process will cause a full device reset.

1 Like

Bootloader is already unlocked. I always request it before sending me the phone.
I’m on Teracube Android 10

1 Like

To be more specific, on this:

Is this the correct boot.img file?

1 Like

Your link was to the drivers.

The patched boot img from the documentation is this link:

1 Like

This is the one I meant, I must’ve pasted the wrong link.
The reason I asked because the instructions are a couple of years old.
However, now my PC isn’t even detecting my Phone.

1 Like

Please ensure you are using the latest/current Platform Tools release from Google:

Also, please ensure you’re entering the bootloader and Fastboot mode properly.

You can force a reboot to bootloader from adb:

adb reboot bootloader
1 Like

That did it.
However, now it’s stuck in a boot loop :frowning:

1 Like

1 Like

I fixed it by flashing the original boot.img
Can I patch it with Magisk from WSA?

1 Like

I extracted boot.img from Android 10, patched it with Magisk and flashed it and now my phone is rooted and I’m outta the boot loop :smiley:
Next step is backing up my data and apps data before sending my phone to be fixed

3 Likes

If users are interested, I can share the link of the patched boot.img for Android 10 here.

1 Like

Could you just share the instructions?

1 Like

Certainly!

As I’ve mentioned, I extracted boot.img from the Teracube One A10, patched it with Magisk, copied it to my PC and flashed it from there and Voilà!

2 Likes