H2O wireless APN configuration

This is how we got our H2Owireless SIM working. The configuration is not automatic - some manual work might be required. Here are the steps that worked for us:

1. Activate the SIM online on their website.
  2. Insert the nano-SIM in the phone.
  3. Initially calls and SMS might work - LTE data might not work.

If your connection or data is not working by now, then follow these steps:

1. Need to add their APN settings (one time configuration). Follow guide here - How and Why to Configure APNs
    4.1 Goto Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network > Advanced > Access point names
    4.2 Click on ā€˜+ā€™ to add a new APN
    4.3 Enter these settings (they are case-sensitive):
  NAME: H2O Internet
  APN: PRODATA
  MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net

MMS Proxy: http://proxy.mobile.att.net
  MMS Port: 80
  MCC: 310

MNC: 410
  Authentication Type: None
  APN Type: default,mms,supl
  APN Protocol: IPv4

Now click on 3-dots in top-right and hit ā€œSaveā€

Select H2O Internet (as shown in picture)

Test connection
Disable wifi to make sure LTE icon shows up. Calling, sms and internet should all work.

Let us know in comments if these steps work for you.

Hi Sharad, Even thought the SMS and Data are working, media sent via regular sms(pictures) are not downloadable. Wondering if it worked for you? Thanks.

Hey @Ashwin - sorry for the delayed response. My kids phone is now running Android 10 Alpha build. Sending pictures to/from the phone is working.

Could be due to a slightly different APN that our Alpha build is automatically assigning. You could give these settings a try:

NAME: ATT Nxtgenphone
APN: nxtgenphone
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net

MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80

Authentication Type: None
APN Type: default,mms,supl,fota
APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN Roaming protocol : IPv4/IPv6

1 Like

When I try the configuration you proposed, my data is also not working. I am totally disconnected from internet.

Note: I am on H2O MVNO.

Hmmm. My Kid is also on H2O. Iā€™ll check data connection on his phone.

Are there any updates on this? I have tried all of the APN configurations shared here, including the ā€œATT Nxtgenphoneā€ that came preinstalled on my teracube 2e (which differs slightly from the ā€œATT Nxtgenphoneā€ configuration that is shared in this post). I canā€™t use mobile data, group text, or send media in texts.

UPDATE: I was able to get group texting, media texting, and LTE working using the H2O 2 APN listed here: H2O APN settings for Android - APN Settings USA
Unfortunately, Iā€™m unable to make phone calls. Am I supposed to also install the H2O 1 and H2O 3 APNs? I thought not, because I can only select one APN to use at a time. But please let me know if Iā€™m mistaken, or if I do need to install all three, which one I should select. Also, does that mean I should delete any other APNs I have on the phone?

If I am supposed to just have one APN installed, what should I change on H2O 2 to make it so I can make phone calls?

Hi @gadet - I wish I could help in this regard. We have since moved my kidsā€™ phone to Tello. You could try adding all the 3 APNs and selecting the one that gets calls working. There is no harm in trying - you can always delete them later.

UPDATE: Here are the complete settings that worked for me from June 14-20, 2022. HOWEVER, they suddenly stopped working on June 21, 2022. I am now unable to make calls or reliably use internet with mobile data (it works somewhat, but is very very slow). When the settings were working, the letters next to the signal strength were VOLTE, but when they stopped working on June 21, the letters were LTE.

Please, anyone who has any experience with APN phone settings, even if you donā€™t have h2owireless service, it feels like if I can just get some direction on which fields control which aspects on the phone, I can go through one by one and try out different values. But I have only been able to find suggestions on what settings to use, and not anything in-depth on what each one does.

Also Sharad, as a phone manufacturer, surely the teracube 2e creators have some more insight into APN settings than the average phone user? Iā€™m at a loss, here. My mobile phone is my only phone, and I need it to communicate with family, friends, coworkers, and everyone else in my life.

Iā€™ve already contacted h2owireless, and everything theyā€™ve suggested so far hasnā€™t worked at all.

Name: H2O APN
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: 66.209.11.33
Port: 80
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: proxy.mvno.H2OMobileweb.com
MMS port: 80
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: None
MVNO value: Not set

Ashwin, have you had any success with APN settings? I also have H2O MVNO, at one point I got everything working (see my post further down), but suddenly calls stopped working, and internet on mobile slowed down as to be almost unusable. Text messaging (group texts, sending media via texting) still works fine though.

Sharad provided configuration worked for me. May be try to delete, restart and recreate the configuration again. GL

Which configuration was that? The last one mentioned in this thread (NAME: ATT Nxtgenphone, APN: nxtgenphone), you replied that it didnā€™t work.