Happy New Year 2021 and Let's start off a great year with awesome battery saving!

Happy New Year everyone!! Just want to share what a great way to start with 2021 with my awesome Teracube One battery power.

A few things to note:

1. This is my daily driver.
  2. I don’t use my phone a lot to be honest since I don’t have a long commute (especially during covid), and most of the time I am in front of a computer so I use my phone mostly for calls, text, taking pics occasionally, and maps. I do most of my social media, media playback, email, shopping, etc. with my computer most of the time.
  3. When it comes to reserving battery, I can say I am passionate with a capital P. I would do a lot of tweaks and configuration changes to make sure every ounce of battery juice is saved. This means I turn off ALOT of notifications and I run as little background services as possible. To me, conserving battery power is beyond a hobby. It is like my own littler scientific research.

Ever since I own my Teracube One, I get about 3 to 5 days of use per full charge. In this case, I charged my phone to 100% and then did a full power cycle to make sure the phone is fresh and snappy. It definitely pays off as you can see from screenshot below.

3 Likes

Thanks, @anthony, for all the work of the team!

It would be a great improvement over ‘power saving’ we usually find in android phones, if you can make it into terminals as different power settings modes users could select.
You know, like 3/4 different steps varying from full power hungry setting with all notifications/services activated to the minimum necessary to get the phone working.
It could even have an option to automatically select the power setting, defining the thresholds (battery charge) when each step should kick in.
People like me, who are usually away from sockets and sometimes do intensive web browsing will really appreciate it.

Expecting to get my hands on my Teracube 2e, have a happy new year, everyone!

1 Like

Hey @anthony, I am very curious if an Optimise Battery Charge (where the phone will only charge to 75% or 80%, in order to extend the lifespan of the battery) feature is present on the Teracube One/2e?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, battery optimization is far from simple for Android. So far, I have not yet come across a “one-stop-shop” app that can handle the various battery optimization.

Unfortunately Teracube 2e doesn’t come with such a feature. However, there are apps like AccuBattery (as shown) that allows users to set alarm and reminders to limit the % charge.

1 Like

Final result before I took the plunge and charge the phone (I would have let it run down to 1% if it wasn’t for the fact that I didn’t want to take the risk as I was expecting an important phone call… LOL).

Key takeaway: 2h 50m usage with a standby of 161h 5 m. Not too shabby, not too shabby… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.