HTML5 encoding issues

So basically any website/app I use other than the YouTube app has video problems, like they can’t load. One browser website specified it was a HTML5: video not properly encoded issue. On the tumblr app for example, the video will attempt to load but fail before it can even show a preview. The fact this is occurring over multiple sources leads me to thinking it’s an issue with the phone rather than the websites/apps.

1 Like

Can you please tell us what OS (Android, /e/, other) and version you’re using, and which 2E (2020 or 2021)?

Android 11 and I’m not completely sure how to check whether it’s the 2020 or 2021 model. But here’s what it says regarding the serial number and such
Serial number 202011T2E003824
Hardware version mt6762

1 Like

Thank you for confirming, so that’d be a 2E 2020 or Zirconia.

Do you have any test pages that you can share to help us reproduce the issue?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8jf8ys A random video I found from the front page of Dailymotion, but it does illustrate the issue. Let me know if you want the specific website that mentioned “HTML5 encoding issue”

1 Like

Yes, if you could please provide that as well, that’d be very helpful.

I recommend that is you’re working in a public location, that you explain you’re viewing this website to test a bug report, or something along that nature. Anyway, that’s the website, hope that helps.

1 Like

Which browser are you using? Have you tried different browsers - firefox, chrome and Brave?

1 Like

Yes, it happens in both Chrome and Firefox. It seems like any video over 4 minutes is affected.

1 Like

I’ve been unable to replicate this issue.

Are you able to backup your data and perform a factory reset to see if that resolves it?