Iode os on Teracube 2e custom rom

Due to the lack of availablilty of a more recent security update for my beloved 2e, I tried iode os (iode.tech). I must say that the experience has been very good. It is android 11 with January Google security updates, plus a bunch of extra apps centered around privacy and security. They even developed their own app basically telling you what all your apps are connecting themselves to. Once you have seen, what is going on your phone, even without the Google apps, you start thinking. And you value this app that allows you to control this to some extend.

There are lot of other features, which can be reviewed on iode.tech. It is all very well thought through. Impressive!

Everything is working fine, including wlan calls, bluetooth, fingerprint and even full control of this annoyingly blinking LED!

One thing I would like see in the future would be being able to re-lock the bootloader after flashing. According to iode this is not possible at present with the 2e. It is possible with the fairphone 3+, though. So maybe could teracube look into this? I think this is a good feature.

Thanks to iode for their great work.

Hope this may inspire others to try it.

Cheers.

BTW I have no relations to iode, just a happy user.

5 Likes

Thanks for trying Iode out. Mediatek bootloader does not support alternative keys at this point (I have heard Qualcomm bootloader can do that). This means that relocking the bootloader will require us to share our keys with external OS folks which is something we don’t want to do at this point.

1 Like

Many thanks for this explanation! Makes it so much more transparent. Thanks for taking your time.

And of course thumbs up for bringing us the 2e.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your interest in iodé!
Hope iodéOS suits you.

Best,

Thank you, iode os actually suits me very well. I have been using it for over a week now as a daily driver and have had no issues.

1 Like

Unrelated to Iode but a question based on this: is there a way to re-lock the bootloader after flashing back to the stock ROM?

If you’re on the stock OS, re-locking should be possible.
fastboot flashing lock should do the trick.

PS. For better safety, flash SW16/SW06 (for 2020 batch) or SW05 A11 (for 2021 batch) via SP Flash and lock.

1 Like