iodéOS + 2E

When I fastboot recovery recovery.img, I receive an error “this partition doesn’t exist”

$ fastboot flash recovery ./Downloads/androidstudio/iode/recovery.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
sending ‘recovery’ (32768 KB)…
OKAY [ 0.955s]
writing ‘recovery’…
FAILED (remote: This partition doesn’t exist)
finished. total time: 0.958s

Is it still true that there are no iodéOS ROMs available for the TeraCube 2e - 2022 devices? If not, is there a plan to eventually do so?

@antoine can reflect in detail. I’m under the impression that they have builds ready in Beta with the potential launch coming soon.

Thank you or the fast update.

Hi,
Do you own a 2E from the 2022 version batch (emerald)?
If so then the install process is different; we will upload it soon.
You can also join our beta tester telegram group here if you want to beta test with us.

I have a 1st batch TeraCube 2e that I originally got from /e/. I decided that I want to try loading iodéOS and started following the directions on their website.

The instructions are:

How to flash Teracube (2E sold before 2022: not compatible with 2022 devices)

1. Update the stock firmware to the latest
  2. Unlock OEM in developer settings
  3. Reboot to bootloader
  4. fastboot flashing unlock
  5. fastboot flash recovery recovery for 2E
  6. Reboot to recovery
  7. From recovery => Factory reset => Format Data/factory reset
  8. From recovery => Apply update => Apply from ADB => adb sideload <rom.zip> iodéOS for 2E

I got to step 8. The problem is, when I adb reboot recovery, it reboots into recovery mode. I select the ADB sideload on the phone and then entered the command ‘adb sideload iode-2.3-20220127-2e.zip’ where the file ‘iode-2.3-20220127-2e.zip’ is in the platform tools directory. Then I get the following message:
PS C:\platform-tools> adb sideload iode-2.3-20220127-2e.zip
serving: ‘iode-2.3-20220127-2e.zip’ (~47%) adb: failed to read command: No error.

On the phone I see the error ‘failed to verify whole-file signature’.

Any ideas?
Any help is greatly appreciated. If there is another way to load this ROM, I am definitely open to it.

Just reboot, I think flash is complete.

I rebooted and the original OS image Teracube_2e_06_2020 booted.
I will start at #5 as it is already unlocked. I might have had driver problems so I am going to chalk it up to that for the moment. The phone came with /e/ OS but i loaded the above image successfully before and that is what I have been running but I really want to try the iodeOS…

The error usually suggests that the file you’ve downloaded is corrupt. It could be that too, can you try redownloading the file instead?
The iodeOS ZIP

I will do that. Thank you.

So the plot thickens. I redownloaded the files and rebooted into recovery mode and selected factory reset and then selected ADB sideload. Then I issued an ADB sideload command and received the following error:
adb: sideload connection failed: device unauthorized.
This adb server’s $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
Try ‘adb kill-server’ if that seems wrong.
Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.
adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method…
adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: device unauthorized.
This adb server’s $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
Try ‘adb kill-server’ if that seems wrong.
Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.
So I looked at the status of the connection and it was unauthorized:
PS C:\platform-tools> adb devices
List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF unauthorized
So I had a hunch to again let the ADB sideload time out on the phone and re-select it and try it again. Then I checked the status of the connection again:
PS C:\platform-tools> adb devices
List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF sideload
So I issued the ADB sideload command again:
serving: ‘iode-2.3-20220127-2e.zip’ (~47%) adb: failed to read command: No error.
On the phone, it says the same error as before: ‘E: failed to verify whole-file signature’
and ‘E: signature verification failed’ and E: error 21’ and ‘Install from ADB completed with status 2. Installation aborted.’

So I tried the same process using files ‘iode-2.2-20210907-2e-recovery.img’ and iode-2.2-20210907-2e.zip’ and when I rebooted the phone it and it seems to be working!

1 Like

So the question is, why is there some sort of a delay with the ADB sideloading of files? Maybe we will figure it out over time…

A post was split to a new topic: Iode OS + Red Pocket calls not working?

No help for the last poster sadly but wanted to share my experience:

Decided to give iodeOS a try after having issues installing /e/. Flashed over the newest stable release last night (very easy, the instructions on the iode website worked for me) and it’s been excellent so far. The actual iode app is very neat. I’ve only had one app not work for me (Tidal), all the rest, even banking apps, are going strong. I haven’t tried out every feature but so far I haven’t found anything not working outside of the Tidal app. I’m on Mint Mobile fwiw, been working well.

2 Likes

The issue with iode at that point of time was that the super image was not of the right size compared to the super image in stock, and hence caused a lot of weird issues, and the issue was soon fixed and intimated by iode afaik. I apologize for the very late reply.

1 Like

Hi all Is it possible to install iodéOS from /e/ ? I bought my teracube 2e 2020 from /e/ but still no “R” build I need iodéOS “R” build but I’m not sure that I can do it from /e/ (build 1 /e/ OS )

Thanks

Any instructions to install Iode on SN:2020 units should work but Iode folks will need to confirm.

Hello, stuck with the same issue as @WalkWitJah on step 5 of installing iode OS on emerald 2022 edition teracube. Has the “partition” error been corrected when flashing recovery img?

@Nellone - were you able to resolve the issue? Does your guide cover this point?

Yes it does, the iode guide wasn’t up to date on their UK website, so with the new recovery flash boot command this issue should not come up.

1 Like