Is it possible to disable the Thrive restrictions app

I just set up the Thrive for my kids and have Google Family Link set up. As far as I can tell, Family Link is duplicating all of the functions of the Thrive app and (at least for now) the Google one is more complete. Right now I have to approve each app twice and Thrive doesn’t seem to have a way to temporarily disable all restrictions (e.g. during the school holidays) so I think I’d rather turn it off for now and try it again later. I don’t see a way to shut it off, and the initial state before a parent account is linked seems to be to deny everything.

1 Like

Hi @SailorFrag - welcome to Teracube forums. Yes - the Google Family Link and Thrive Parental Controls will both restrict apps if both of them are enabled.

We can disable Thrive Parental controls from our end. Here is the process:

1. Locate the Serial number of the Thrive phone (the serial number can be found on the back of the brown box or by opening Settings > About phone > Model information > Serial number)
  2. Email the serial number to support@myteracube.com with your request.

Note: We want to make sure that the parent is sending this email to us. So please use the same email address that ordered the phone or attach the order invoice to the email.

1 Like