Mobile network not working on newly shipped phone

So I received a new replacement phone after doing a swap because of a cracked screen. After inserting the SIM card I am not receiving any mobile network connectivity. I updated all apps from the app store and I conducted the SW6 update. I have tried both slots of the SIM reader and I get the same results. This is has not been an issue on the few previous Teracubes I have had. I even just put the SIM back in the cracked screen phone and the mobile network lit up right away so it’s not a carrier issues. The SIM slots appear to be noticing that there is a SIM in there and it can see it is TMobile but I have no bars of service and it says emergency calls only. I have tried resetting my networking settings, restarting the phone several times, clearing data on sim toolkit, and a few other things within the mobile network settings and I am having no luck.

I saw some other threads about contacting the carrier and giving the IMEI but I haven’t had to do that on past Teracube phones so I am not sure why I would need to do this on this phone (my 4th Teracube).

Are there any thoughts on some things I can try?

@Sharad hoping you can provide some insight, thanks

I also have since checked my TMobile profile and it is showing the correct IMEI of the new phone listed under my line.

I also tried a complete factory reset with no luck

Sorry to hear that. It seems like you have tried everything - different slot, SIM card in another phone, factory reset. Please reach out to us via email and we can figure out the next steps.

Adamsterk - where you able to figure out what was wrong when you used one of the newly shipped phones? I just received a replacement phone and it won’t let me have phone service connectivity and like you I was able to download my backup from my previous teracube.

@Tim_Hood yes we tried a bunch of things, did a bunch of logging and connecting to my PC to download logs and all this stuff. Ultimately it was identified that they had noticed this same thing in a limited number of phones in the initial testing. There wasn’t a fix so I was sent another replacement phone. @Sharad should be able to help you with that.

A tip until you get that new phone is turn on wifi calling so that you can still get and receive calls/sms over wifi.

Well Sh*t! I should have paid the refundable $200 and kept my broken phone until I knew the new phone would work. I had to give my old phone to UPS guy. Who would have thought a new phone wouldn’t work. The wifi calling helps with calls coming in but what but how do I make phone calls out? Does @Sharad work for the company? I need a fix fast because next Wednesday I’m going to be up in the mountains and I need cell service.

Yes @Sharad is one of the founding members of the company. It’s possible you don’t have exact same issue so he might be able to provide a couple of suggestions to try to fix but it sounds like you do. Wifi calling should work inbound and outbound, at least it does for me.

Hi @Tim_Hood - sorry about that. Could you clarify if this is Teracube One or Teracube 2e? Here are few things you can try:

1. Have you tried the other SIM slot to see if that works?
  2. Try a reboot?
  3. If nothing works, then do a factory reset and check again.

I’m also sending you a private message so that you can share the ticket id/email address.

1 Like

Good afternoon,

I just received a replacement phone and am having the same issue as @adamsterk and @tim_hood encountered. I spent a good deal of time on the phone with my carrier, and have tried everything listed above. Updated apps, reset network settings, tried SIM card in different slots and in THE old phone (network was available on the old phone), etc.

This is a bit frustrating!

I guess I’ll have to contact customer support again. I’ve now had no functioning phone for over 2 weeks.

What carrier is that? And what SW build is running on the phone? T1 or T2e?

Wow, talk about a quick response!

I haven’t even gotten around to sending an official request for anything to you guys, and you beat me to it.

CARRIER: T-Mobil

SW Build: Teracube_S1_07

SIM Card is in Slot #1, my Phone # is listed & is correct, but the SIM Status is reading Emergency calls only.

IMEI Numbers for BOTH slots were checked by T-Mobil to make sure they weren’t blocked in any way .

Thanks,

Chris