My 2e screen is toast

Hello I need a new screen for my teracube I cant even get any information off my phone the screen is completely black.
I wouldn’t mind getting a new teracube but I really need the data off my old one.
Is there a way to do this?

thanks

Do you have Developer options enabled with USB debugging set?

If so, you can connect your phone to your PC and use a tool such as scrcpy to display and control your Android device from your PC

1 Like

sadly no… I did not enable that option. my screen is literally coming off the chassis when I lean it forward. I was able to use it like that even for a few months lol I love this phone so much. that was after me dropping it one good time of course.
Am I able to send my phone in to get a new screen to get the data off?
I would still love to buy a new one as well.

You can install the factory OS using SP flash instructions. This will wipe your userdata and does not need a working screen.

ps: here is a similar discussion

1 Like

I meant to say get the data off to another computer to store, is this possible?

Hmmm… checking on that.

1 Like

any options available?

adb route usb debugging and the device needs either no password or to be unlocked from the lockscreen. So may not be possible on your phone.

1 Like

i dont have a password! :smiley:

adb debugging is required though. You didn’t have that enabled, right?

1 Like

Oh I guess not.
Can I get the screen replaced? I bet it will work fine enough to do it the regular way or maybe if its easy enough to do myself maybe send the screen and instructions?

hello there?

Can I get the screen replaced? I bet it will work fine enough to do it the regular way or maybe if its easy enough to do myself maybe send the screen and instructions?

Hi @dylan - I apologize for the delay. Yes - we do have the screen available as a spare part.

How to install depends on which part you got - screen-only or screen-with-chassis. If you are in the US, UK - then you’ll most likely get the screen-with-chassis. If that is the case, then follow this disassembly video (and some more) to transfer all components to the new chassis. I’ll suggest local repair help if you have not done something this before.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I just received the Email for this yesterday! Silly me I should have looked around for it on the website lol. How excellent its just there to purchase whenever needed!!

1 Like

hello the same thing happening to my phone, the screen itself is coming off the chassis sometime just when I put it down. I’m from the UK so I saw I will need a screen-with-chassis replacement but I cannot find any. could you let me know where I can find one? or i should just send it to get repaired and they can do it?
thanks

Yeah - we do not have the screens in stock in the UK, yet. Best to contact us to get a repair going.