[Need testers] - Android 11 Alpha for Teracube 2e

The Glance widget isn’t really an issue if it’s “as intended.”

I know all about 3rd party launchers and would probably use one anyway, but this is about testing the update as provided.

1 Like

Started using ver 11 no problems right from the original call to test.
The only thing that seems to be different is the wifi drops and will no auto re connect for some reason. But other than that and know issues ie finger print reader not working it is a nice up grade and can hardly wait until the next one thankstelus Canada

@Lwc726 - could you share details on your wifi setup. Like router name, mesh yes/no, any other info. And was it working fine on Android 10?

Any news on the status of 11 for the 2e?

The team is busy solving a TEE (trust zone) issue (this was the reason for fingerprint not working earlier). As of now, the ETA is late Jan-Early Feb.

Hello and sorry for the delay in responding. I would like to with draw the wifi issue as it doesn’t seem to be an issue with others. Most likely it is my set up here. Thanks
Everything else is working just fine and thanks for the help

1 Like

Installed a few hours ago, here’s first impressions:

• The roaming issue from EEA2 seems to be gone. Nice. :slight_smile:
  • The google widget thing is annoying af. I guess it’s part of Quickstep because it’s still showing the date even though I disabled the google app.
  • Sound Recorder app is back :slight_smile:
  • I got an OTA update after flashing which confused me a bit as it was dated November 2021. Didn’t I just flash that build via SP Flash Tool?
  • I saw that the kernel got a version bump from 4.9 to 4.19. Pretty cool, I haven’t seen kernel upgrades as part of updates yet.
  • “other apps” uses 5GB of space before installing any of my own apps. That’s quite a lot and I don’t remember it being the case on 10.
  • The UI feels a bit smoother than with 10.
  • Carrier name on the lock screen looks cut off due to starting in the round corner of the screen
  • Battery usage reporting is broken in settings

I just noticed that USB charging in my car is broken with Android 11 alpha.

The phone doesn’t say anything while the car says a charging error occured with the USB device.
Used to work fine on Android 10.

hmmm. Anything special in your car charger? Noticed anything with AC chargers?

Regular chargers work fine, didn’t notice anything so far.

It’s a USB port in the car itself that I plug into. The phone vibrates, but doesn’t charge. Then it retries to start charging after a few seconds and that happens over and over again.