New waterproof T2e phone case?

I want to buy a waterproof phone case for my T2e. I shotblast with s230 steel shot every day, all day, at work. The shot gets everywhere: stuck to my cell phone speaker and microphone (magnets), and on my person, everywhere, despite my best efforts.

But, the CellEver waterproof case for my Iphone7 is the first phone case that keeps shot from infiltrating that phone.

What are my options for my T2e? Are there other phones with the same dimensions as the T2e that I could buy their phone case to disguise and protect my beloved T2e?

Do you know? Hello? Is there anybody out there?!

Waterproof universal phone cases are… eh, there is no polite description for looks or function. But, the universal phone cases do float on water, it says so.

1 Like

Hi @IMRE - there are no current plans to work on a waterproof case.

One thing you could try is shrink film… the type you apply on a window for winter, then hit it with a hair dryer to shink it.

Create a ‘tube’ of it with one of those food sealers to melt the plastic together, then seal up one end of the ‘tube’, slip the phone in, then seal up the other end of the ‘tube’. Then hit it with a hair dryer’s air blast to shrink the plastic.

Try to position the ‘tube’ such that the joined ends which made the ‘tube’ are off to one side of the back of the phone, so the camera’s not blocked.

That should give you a water-tight covering that’ll keep the shot out of your phone, and it’ll fit inside the regular case. The plastic film is thin enough that it shouldn’t interfere much with sound transmission as regards speakers and microphone, nor with the touch screen.

As to the USB port, there are little rubber plugs you can get that’ll fit in there to block water (and shot) from getting in there. Remove the rubber plug to charge, replace it to use the phone (or install a wireless charger inside the phone so you can permanently seal the USB port… this is made easier because this phone can be taken apart and the parts replaced with new… you can solder the wireless charger leads internal to the USB port, then just never break the plastic film over the USB port).

The Teracube 2e is 155.2mm x 73.3mm x 10.1mm.

I don’t find any other phones with those dimensions. The closest I can find is the Google Pixel 5a (1 mm longer, 0.1 mm less wide, 0.3 mm thinner).