No SD Photo storage?

I’m not seeing any options to save my photos to my SD card. & really not liking no built in photo gallery just defaulting to letting Google to my pics. Am I missing something?

Hi doesn’t seem to be an option at the moment as my previous phone didn’t have an SD card I didn’t even think of this till you mentioned it. Maybe a feature to ask for in the future.

I think that Google Photos IS the built-in photo gallery.

I have installed Open Camera (additionally) and it did have an option for location of photo storage. So I think that another camera app off of the Play store would work.
(although you are right the default camera app should have the option too!)

Coming from a Samsung S+, I am finding lots of little differences in software that catch me by surprise, because I have come to take them for granted (from Samsung and from custom ROMs on rooted devices). and had assumed many were general to Android

I agree, I would like the option in Camera Settings to save photos to the SD card. Please add that to the next update?
I downloaded a simple gallery from the PlayStore that organizes all photos by date or name which is easier for me than however Google Photos does it.

1 Like

Hi it took a lot of searching but found a camera app that will allow u to save directly to an sd card!
Has a ton of options no stabilize even thought it claims to have (I’m sick right now so may have missed) I couldn’t find it. It seems to takes good photos even with out stabilize with back camera (I am far from expert so good for me) never tried the front camera. It has a setting to save directly to SD card.
If need help I will try my best too

Here is the link sorry took so long so many things on the go.

3 Likes

I have had this installed and using successfully!
I haven’t been taking advantage of the many features, but it does save to SD.

1 Like

You can set the camera app that came with the phone to save to the SD card. Under settings (in the Camera App) select storage path and pick the SD card. Your photos will be in the DCIM folder.

4 Likes

Ok, this works, but the Gallery app moves all the photos back to their original location on the Terracube. Do you know how to configure the data path in Gallery? THANKS

1 Like

Welcome!

The Gallery really shouldn’t be moving anything.

If you check in your Files app, does the Pictures or Camera folder on Internal or External store all the images?

Are you using the SD card as external storage or internal shared? You also have to (at least the first time after setting up external storage as shared internal storage) move everything from internal to the SD Card.