Not working after 3G shutdown

Text and data works but call doesn’t go through

1 Like

Hi @Yamujir - welcome to Teracube forums. Could you tell us your network name and what all you have tried so far? Are you using a custom APN (did you have to enter it manually)?

1 Like

I have a Teracube One TR 1907Q. Prior to 6 March 2022 it was working correctly, for voice and data, on the AT&T Wireless LTE network. It was running Android 10.0.1. On 6 March, I lost the ability to make and receive voice calls on the 4G network, but could still use the data service. Through trial-and-error, I learned I could make voice calls if I reconfigured to NOT use the 4G network and preferred the 3G network. Yesterday, I updated to Android 10.0.2. At some time today I lost all ability to make and receive voice calls on any AT&T network.

On Sunday, 20 March, I received the following from AT&T’s Social Media group:

I am able to confirm that the model that will work is the TR1907Q. ^IsabellaA.
AT&T Help

This evening I was told by AT&T employee ID VG6959 (Vanessa) that this phone is no longer supported by AT&T and must be replaced.

Is the Teracube One TR1907Q supported on the AT&T Wireless network?

I forgot to mention that I had to manually define the NXTGENPHONE APN after a poorly trained AT&T Store employee performed a Factory Reset on my phone. The current details of the APN are:

Name: NXTGENPHONE
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 280
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri,fota,ims,cbs
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

I’m currently running 10.0.2+d087f19.user

1 Like

Yes - Teracube One (TR1907Q) is fully supported on AT&T network.

Since you upgraded to 10.0.2 from 10.0.1, you need a factory reset to fix network issues more details here.

@Sharad I’m now running 10.0.2+d087f19.user on my TR1907Q and have performed a Factory Reset. I’m using the AT&T APN “nxtgenphone”. I am still unable to place or receive voice calls, using either the 4G or 3G network. What would you like me to try next?

1. Did you add the APN manually or did it come up automatically?
  2. You might have to call AT&T to whitelist the IMEI number of the phone (you can check IMEI by dialing *#06# on your dialer app)
  3. Does the same SIM work in another AT&T compatible phone?
  1. The NXTGENPHONE APN definition was already present after the Factory Reset. I don’t know if that’s because it was included with 10.0.2 or not deleted as part of the Factory Reset. Prior to upgrading to 10.0.1, I had manually defined NXTGENPHONE after the previous Network Reset.
  2. OK.
  3. Unfortunately, even though I have a growing collection of old mobile phones, I don’t currently have one which is all of: functional; approved by AT&T; uses the nanoSIM format.

My TR1907Q is again fully functional. It’s now using the AT&T Prepaid 4G LTE HD Voice service. Someone at AT&T must have reviewed my support ticket, found the configuration issue, and corrected it.
While poking around, I found AT&T NXTGENPHONE APN. Oddly, my current MNC value is 280, which is different from the AT&T document. My phone still works, so I’m not touchin’ anything for a while.

2 Likes