Orange State

Hello here! :slight_smile:

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I did some research but nothing that brought me an answer.

After installing (unpacking & starting from the first time, no more) my new phone, I updated through the app in settings. Since then I have this message. ā€œOrange Stateā€, ā€œYour device has been unlocked and can be trustedā€. I wonder if this is normal.

I tried two factory reset via settings. No change. :frowning:

Should I worry about it?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Are you running the stock ROM with Android OS (ie. bought it directly from the Teracube website) or did you order one from E Foudation with /e/ OS installed?

Iā€™m currently running /e/ OS on mine and the orange state message is normally displayed upon startup. A little annoying but not suprising since they had to mod it to install /e/. Presumably itā€™s perfectly safe in this scenario despite the warning.

Not sure what to say if you ordered a standard Teracube with Android though. If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™ll let someone more experienced take it from here. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your answer. :slight_smile:

I bought it directly from Teracube website. I did not do any technical operation on the device, just unpack it and start it. And update it. :slight_smile:

Maybe itā€™s safe, but I prefer to ask if this behavior is normal. Iā€™m new with /e/. :smiley:

Hi @ychar - welcome to Teracube forums. That message is unexpected for a brand new phone bought directly from us. However, it is fairly easy to change this. Can you send me a private message (PM) with the 1st 5 digits of your Serial number (tap my profile picture to msg me). Iā€™ll send you instructions based on that.

If that sounds daunting - you could get it replaced under warranty by emailing us at support@myteracube.com.