Hello, i have few questions about the screen repair and the warranty.
consider: Teracube 2e with iodé (buy by iodé this year).
Facts (from this forum):
- A broken screen glass is not included in the warranty.
- There is a tutorial for screen glass self repair.
- A “repair” with warranty is not a repair of the own device, rather an other repaired device will be send back.
- A “repair” without warranty (cost $99) is not a repair of the own device, rather an other repaired device will be send back?
- A “repaired” device comes back with the original operation system (in this case: iodé)? [PS: data and apps and settings dispensable]
- The main-chassis is called “mid-frame”?
- The main-chassis is glued on the glass screen?
- A self replacement of the screen don’t touch the 4 year warranty?
- What is the price of a screen replacement by teracube (support) including shipping costs (europe, germany)?
- The “Teracube 2e Replacement Screen” in the shop is included the glued main-chassis backside?
The answers are needed to decide considerations.
I have no idea how to install the OS iodé on a so to speak empty device or to a device with an another OS.
A self-repair by me is out of the question, because a user here reported that a component broke in the process. There is the (untested) possibility to buy a screen glass in the teracube store and have the repair done by a local company (smartphone clinic).
Unfortunatly, someone unknown stranger broke the screen of my new Teracube 2e in my absence, while I was at the beach. If it was me, it would be different. Now I thought it might not be as bad as other smartphones because the parts are not glued. But it does turn out to be a bit complex. The existing info is not very clear for me. I hope all questions can be answered.