User reported Issue
If your kid has friends who have iPhones - then your kid may not be able to reply to group SMS initiated by their iPhone friends. Note: The issue does not happen if the group SMS was initiated from Thrive phone.
We are looking into fixing the issue in our Messages app. In the meantime, here is a workaround to use a different SMS app:
On the Thrive phone
Open the Play app store
Search and Install “Messages by Google”
Open the new Messages app. It will be blocked.
"On the Parent phone" - iPhone or Android
- Open the Thrive Parent app
- Goto child profile > Blocked apps
- Locate the Messages app and allow it.
Note: Both the old and new apps are called Messages. They might show the same icon as well. Keep both approved.
Back on the Thrive Phone
- Swipe up from home screen to see all apps.
- Open the new Messages by Google
- Inside that app, set it as the default SMS app.
- Now you should be able to reply to group SMS.
(Optional) 11. In order to easily access the new Messages app, hold+drag the new Messages app from All apps to home screen. Also you can Remove the shortcut to the old Messages app.
Note: The default Messages app has a safety feature that blocks all SMS from unknown contacts. The Messages by Google app does not have this feature.