My Teracube 2e keeps randomly ejecting my SD card, and I have no idea why or how to get it to stop. Taking it out and re-inserting it gets me access for somewhat randomized amounts of time, but they’re never more than a couple of hours before I’m back to only being able to access and store things in the phone’s built-in storage.
Just off the top of my head, sounds like a very poor quality SDcard and maybe it is actually failing, resulting in the phone ejecting it when it experiences IO issues. You would be best to get a newer A1 v30 SDcard and test it – if you see the same with another SDcard (new) then at that point I would report back and look into possibly having them replace the phone as faulty.
Based on your description though, I would assume a bad SDcard over an direct issue with the phone.
My 2 cents.
Adding to what @TheLinuxBug said - could you check if the SD card works reliably with other devices? Is it possible for you to test another Micro SD card with the phone?
I’ve purchased a SanDisk Ultra 128GB UHS-I Class 10 MicroSDXC Memory Card Up to 80mb/s SDSQUNC-128G with Adapter to use with the e2. I found information that says this is an V10 instead of the V30 that TheLinuxBug wrote about. Should this be a problem?
Your V10 card should be fine. It seems SD card association has convoluted spec conventions like V, U, etc. Here is an article detailing this.
It will be fine, you will just get better random IO performance out of a v30 card (will be faster overall) though a v10 card should work just fine. I just figured if they were going to invest in a new card I would make a suggestion for the more performant option.
It’s a SanDisk Ultra 64GB I’ve used for the last 3? years with my Moto x4 without issue, and my BLU Advance for a year before that. I hadn’t really thought about age being an issue with SD cards before, but I can try getting a new one and see if that fixes it.
I’ve had the new SD card in for several hours now without issue, but I’m still not entirely convinced it was an issue with the SD card specifically? My hypothesis is that there were enough corrupted files on the SD card that the phone gave up on the SD card overall, but I’m just starting to get into learning how all this stuff works, so I’m just coming up with guesses based off what I’d observed over time.
To elaborate, what initially got me looking into replacing my old Moto x4 was that it had become unstable. I did notice at some point that a couple of music files had gotten corrupted, but didn’t think too much of it with it just being a couple of corrupted files at the time. Eventually, though, the bootloader became corrupted, and a few days before my Teracube 2e finally shipped it actually progressed to the point that it now just gets stuck in the boot cycle whenever it’s powered on and the cell phone repair place I took it to to try and retrieve the data stored directly on the device was unable to repair the bootloader.
When I went to copy my SD card files onto my laptop so I could then in turn move them onto the new SD card my laptop first gave me a pop-up saying there were issues with several files and asking if I wanted to try repairing them. Trying to repair those files was unsuccessful, and it encountered issues with copying over a decent handful of files. It was able to show me what they were, say it had encountered an IO issue with the files, and ask if I wanted to try again, but was ultimately not able to copy those specific files. My initial attempts at copying the files was just bulk copying everything on the SD card into a folder, but the process froze a little over halfway through both times, so I ended up going through a directory at a time and just skipping over anything that either looked empty or like old device/app files I wasn’t going to need on my new phone. Those presumably (and in some cases I recognized as definitely) corrupted files getting skipped over meant that all the files that ended up getting staged to be moved onto the new SD card should be in usable condition. When I went to move these files onto the new SD card from the laptop folder I was actually able to bulk copy all the folder’s contents without issue.