Slow Restarts after Updating to Android 13 (and a few other issues)

After updating our Teracube 2e’s to Android 13, my wife and I have noticed that the rebooting process is much longer than previous. We get multiple error messages saying “Quickstep isn’t responding.” This makes things considerably choppy for several minutes before things seem to “iron themselves out.” Things als My phone has also become prone to spontaneous restarts since the update.

Do we know are there any plans on Android’s side to work on this bug (or a way to report it to them)? Any way that we can revert to our previous version of Android until things seem to be more stable.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @jnewswanger - thanks for reporting these issues. Yes - these are known issues as of now. We will try to fix them in future updates.

If you would like, you can revert to previous Android using these steps - [Teracube 2e] Instructions to Install Factory Software and to Reset

1 Like

Additionally, you can speed up the post-reboot process by temporarily putting the phone into Airplane mode. If you leave it in that mode for 30-60 seconds after the initial unlock, the sdcard should load and there should be no spontaneous reboots for unhandled ANR.

Post upgrade ANR is normal it’s optimising packages on devices and with recent art changes (Play system updates) it keeps getting heavier for device. There’s very little we could do to improve that. (unless it’s degoogled experience)

It’s not the post-update ANR, it’s the every-reboot launcher ANR and about half-the-time system ANR with forced reboot into no-sdcard mode when not in Airplane mode. :slight_smile: I was just happy to realize I could almost completely knock those out with judicious use of Airplane mode to avoid the app storm.

My phone starts up in about 3 minutes with two SIM cards and the SD card (in airplane mode). It feels quite long. In comparison without airplane mode, this is no longer. I don’t have any restarts or an unrecognized SD card either. Overall it’s not that bad for me.

1 Like

With new update the situation will improve soon!

1 Like