TeamViewer - QuickSupport

It would be excellent if the TeraCube ROM was compatible with TeamViewer QuickSupport for both Remote Control and Screen Sharing.

I’m happy that at the least the ROM supports Screen Sharing and File Sharing, but Remote Control would be super helpful for situations where I need to assist my family more easily.

Thanks!

1 Like

Actually we would love to have this functionality so that we can help our users. Do you know if Teamviewer Quicksupport needs anything special in the ROM/firmware?

On that note, are you aware of other tools/apps that can be used for remote support?

1 Like

I’m not sure what else is needed for Remote Control, but I do know there are many vendor-specific extensions that you usually must install along with the baseline QuickSupport install.

Maybe Android 10 improves things?

TeamViewer post regarding vendor extensions (and vendor contact form):

I have used VNC in the past on my W10M phone, as well as Remote Desktop and/or Quick Assist.

For truly cross-platform and Foss solution, I’ve got nothing, unfortunately.

Looks like they finally put out a Universal add-on for Android 7+ that relies upon Accessibility framework services and not vendor-specific features.

Tested on our TR1907Q with Android 9 sw07, and remote control works brilliantly.

@Sharad

1 Like

Great. Were you able to help someone using this setup? How did that go?

1 Like

Yeah, I tested it on my wife’s phone and my phone both. We’re going to push it to my mother-in-law’s phone so I can remote support her now that she’s using her TeraCube instead of her Samsung A-Series.

1 Like