Teracube 2e with Visible (Verizon)

Hi, I configured the four APN settings to receive Visible service but it is still showing Verizon under the connected service when I pull down the settings menu twice from the top of the screen. It does show the four settings in the APN settings…

Hi @ChooCanDoIt - welcome to Teracube forums. Visible is a Verizon MVNO. Is calling and data working for you? I ask because theoretically Teracube 2e is not tested/compliant with Verizon network.

1 Like

There are other people in the past that have said that it works with talk, text and data in the past with Visible. I added the four APNs for all services for Visible and I had to do it multiple times for it to work. They kept not showing up under APNs. Also, there is no plus for APNs. You can’t add any. So I downloaded an APN app from the TeraCube 2e app store and added it with that. Then everything worked on my test sim so I changed it out with my sim that was in my iPhone that has the number I want to use. But now only talk and text work. I have no data.

1 Like

Also, it defaults to Verizon so I suspect that it does work with Verizon. In fact, even though I am using a Visible sim it says that I am using Verizon.

I have spent sooooooooo much time on this phone. Also, I am strictly using LTE at the moment. I set it under phone settings. I wish I had su so that I could find the file to add the Visible settings addition that I would need. I have found what I think is the correct addition to the global carrier settings file if you want to see it. Also I can paste the APN manual configuration in here for Visible if you want to see that too. I wish it could be added to the next release so that I wouldn’t have to do su and hunt for the file and edit it.

Okay, here are some notes that I have put together with my source for more information:

I confirmed that adding the APNs to frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml/apns.xml works, thanks @danielk43.
@thestinger do you still suggest copying device/sample/etc/apns-full-conf.xml to every device repo and making these changes there? No changes to CarrierConfig were needed for VoLTE so we don’t need to worry about carrier apps.
Converted from CarrierSettings:

Taken from:

Was not in the AOSP code:
com.google.android.wfcactivation/.VzwEmergencyAddressActivity

frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml/apns.xml
Raw

apns.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!-- If you edit this version, also edit the version in the partner-supplied
apns-conf.xml configuration file -->
<apns version="8">
<apn carrier="Visible Internet"
mcc="311"
mnc="480"
apn="VSBLINTERNET"
type="default,supl,dun"
mvno_type="gid"
mvno_match_data="BAE1000000000000"
bearer_bitmask="14"
profile_id="0"
protocol="IPV4V6"
mmsc="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms"
mtu="1428"
modem_cognitive="true"
max_conns="20"
max_conns_time="300"
op_pco_id="65280"
pco_mcc="311"
pco_mnc="480"
pco_mnc_inc_pcs_digit="1"
/>

<apn carrier="Visible IMS"
mcc="311"
mnc="480"
apn="VSBLIMS"
type="ims,ia"
mvno_type="gid"
bearer_bitmask="14|18"
profile_id="2"
protocol="IPV4V6"
roaming_protocol="IPV6"
mtu="1428"
modem_cognitive="true"
max_conns="20"
max_conns_time="300"
op_pco_id="65280"
pco_mcc="311"
pco_mnc="480"
user_visible="false"
/>

<apn carrier="Visible FOTA"
mcc="311"
mnc="480"
numeric="311480"
apn="VSBLADMIN"
type="fota"
mvno_type="gid"
bearer_bitmask="14"
profile_id="3"
protocol="IPV4V6"
mtu="1428"
modem_cognitive="true"
max_conns="20"
max_conns_time="300"
op_pco_id="65280"
pco_mcc="311"
pco_mnc="480"
user_visible="false"
/>

<apn carrier="Visible CBS"
mcc="311"
mnc="480"
numeric="311480"
apn="VSBLAPP"
type="cbs,mms"
mvno_type="gid"
bearer_bitmask="14|18"
profile_id="4"
protocol="IPV4V6"
mmsc="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms"
mtu="1428"
modem_cognitive="true"
max_conns="20"
max_conns_time="300"
op_pco_id="65280"
pco_mcc="311"
pco_mnc="480"
user_visible="false"
/>
</apns

BTW, I have all services working except data.

Below I will put the manual APNs that would need to be added for Visible service.

Here it is:

Here they are in an easy to copy format:

Visible APN Settings Name: Visible FOTA
APN: VSBLADMIN
MCC: 311
MNC:480
APN Type: fota
APN Protocol: IPV4/IPV6
Mobile Virtual Network Operator Type: GID Mobile Virtual Network Operator Value: BAE1000000000000

Name: Visible CBS
APN: VSBLAPP
MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
MCC:311
APN Type: cbs,mms
Mobile Virtual Network Operator Type: GID
Mobile Virtual Network Operator Value: BAE1000000000000

Name: Visible IMS
APN: VSBLIMS
APN Type: ims,ia
APN Roaming Protocol: IPV4/IPV6
Mobile Virtual Network Operator Type: GID Mobile Virtual Network Operator Value: BAE1000000000000

Name: Visible Internet
APN: VSBLINTERNET
MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
APN Type: default,dun,supl

Note: the VSBLINTERNET APN must be added first if it is manually done. I like to go bottom up from here in the list of APNs. I am only saying this for anyone adding the APNs manually until this is fixed in the next release! :sunglasses:

Thank you for your support!

1 Like

Sure - please share the APN settings. I’ll look into getting them added.

BTW, this is on /e/ OS v 0.22-20220228166119, Android 10.

BTW, Also, I like iodeOS but I have no data and it shows Verizon not Visible. I had the same problem with /e/ OS. Funny thing is that Teracube_2e_06_2020 works fine and automatically detects Visible with no modifications. I have Calls, text and data automatically ‘right out of the box.’ For iodeOS, I manually added the four APNs for Visible, but there seems to be some sort of a problem, maybe with the global APN profile, affecting the cellular data? Is there anything that I can do to update this so that iodeOS and /e/ OS can work with Visible ‘right out of the box’ for everyone else as well? I like to learn, and am fascinated at how all of this works. I am a newbie but am learning a lot. Thanks for everyone’s assistance…Everyone has been terrific. I really like my TeraCube 2e.

Just to clarify, are you able to get Visible Data working on /e/ and Iode?

Quite the opposite. I am not able to get Visible data on /e/ OS and iodeOS, even though I added the four APNs. I am however able to make calls and text.

The fact that it works on the stock ROM and not on the /e/ and Iode is interesting. As you said, something to do with the APN setup (and not just the APNs themselves).

I just realized that on iodeOS, I am only able to text when manually entering the four APNs. No phone calls or data. I will delete them and re-enter them and see if that changes… Nope, still only can text. No calls or data on iodeOS. I got phone root access and thought that I could just edit the APN files but no joy. So I don’t know what I’m going to do. It seems that if I want to use my cellular data with Visible at all with any OS that I will have to revert to the original image and with full Google services. Mega bummer. Putting the Visible sim card back in my iPhone -bummer-. Apparently the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t. I gave it a college try. Thank you for everyone who tried to help. I really appreciate it. I’m back on the iPhone…

1 Like