Teracube one - dark screen during calls

I have this black screen during the calls as well. I just downloaded and installed the update 10.0.2 for the teracube one. I wiped the cache and did four factory resets, and i lost count of the restarts and nothing has worked. The one thing that has provided a little help is that I press firmly on the top 1/3 of the screen and it turns on for a nanosecond, I have to be quick to put it into speaker.

However I do not always want to be in speaker or with headphones in.

I really do not like this bug, any updates on possibly fixing it? @Sharad

1 Like

Hi @Comrad - welcome to Teracube forums. Do you have a glass screen protector on the screen? If yes - could you remove it and try again.

If you don’t have a glass screen protector or if the issue still happens after removing it, then it seems to be a hardware fault with the proximity sensor (since you have already tried factory reset). Its best we help you with a warranty replacement (support@myteracube.com).

@Comrad - one question. Did you have this issue on Android 9 as well or did it start right after the upgrade?

This just started when I upgraded yesterday.

Could you please do the following:

1. Generate logs and share with us on (instructions).
  2. Backup your data under Settings > System > Backup.
  3. Follow [Advanced] Installing an Android image w/ SP Flash to install Android 9 back. See if the issue is fixed.

I’ll ask the devs to take a look based on your logs.

@Comrad @Sharad Hello guys,
I have the same issue with dark screen and it started right after upgrade to 10.0.2 from 9. I’ve tried factory reset and it didn’t help. Do you have any successful solution to cope with this problem? Did downgrade to V9 help?
Thank you.

Hi @kunicasport - we have had this happen to a few number of units. As of now, getting a warranty exchange is the way to go (email support@myteracube.com).

1 Like

Yeah. I downgraded but I still get the dark screen sometimes. And it is annoying

I just received a replacement, and it is also having this issue. Both before and after allowing the device to update the OS. I was trying to check my voicemail but was not able to ever enter my pin because the screen would not turn on during calls.

I tried covering the top sensor with my finger, tried fingerprint sensor, power button, shaking it. This is within minutes of having received the device.

I removed the screen protector and also tried (and now am without a screen protector because they’re impossible to take off an put back on cleanly) and the issues persisted.