Teracube with Ford Sync 3?

Any users using Teracube with Sync 3 system in Ford cars/trucks? Any special steps to follow to make it work?

I’ve used Sync 2 and 3 and have my Teracube connected to both (along with other phones). The connection on Sync 3 went pretty well. Any specific problems/questions?

1 Like

Did you have to do anything special to get Sync3 to work? Or was it as easy as connecting the USB cable to our USB-C port? I ask because of another Teracube One user was having trouble getting it work at all.

1 Like

I connected via bluetooth without doing anything special. I’ll try USB-C tomorrow and let you know.

1 Like

I got my phone to connect via USB-C. After plugging in the phone, I changed to “Media” in Sync, and I had to change my USB Preferences to “File Transfer” in Android for Sync to see my device. Once that was done Sync recognized the device and displayed “Indexing”. I have a lot of media on my phone, so the indexing operation timed out the first time. I plugged it back in, selected File Transfer again (in Android’s USB Preferences) and after a while the indexing completed. Audio started playing by itself (Android direction notifications at first). From there, you can use the Sync dashboard UI to browse the directory and file contents of your phone. Contents from the phones internal storage and SD card showed up.

3 Likes

Thanks for trying it out. This information will be handy for anyone else trying out Teracube phones with Ford Sync3.

1 Like