Terracube 2e on /e/ OS useless as a phone?

Hi
I purchased a Terracube 2e from Murena two years ago.

The phone is pretty much useless as a phone. The toys work but actually using it as a phone is impossible. Sometimes the person called can’t hear me - especially first call of day… Sometimes huge amount of ‘electical’ noise on line. Drops calls. I could go on.

I spent a lot of time with EE who were surprisingly good and we did achieve some improvement, but not much.

I have chatted on the /e/ forum (I think anyway) and the consensus seems to be /e/ OS is rubbish on this phone.

I have complained to /e/ - Murena or whatever they are called this week and have been seriously jerked around. They want the phone back but given their lack of integrity I can only assume they are going through the motions which will result in further frustration.

I replaced the phone with a Nokia G42 5G from EE as a stop gap. Phone works as a phone but it stinks of Google despite my best efforts to get rid of same.

Can someone tell me if these phones are worth persevering with? I am in UK using EE as mentioned. I want a de-Googled phone that actually works as a phone - is that pie-in-the-sky stuff? Is this whole de-Google thing just a hobby for technically competent enthusiasts - which I am not.

The phone was sold as a viable piece of kit - it just isn’t. In communications with Murena I have offered to take any usable phone - new or used in replacement but they won’t get into any sort of meaningful conversation. I guess they feel pretty safe taking the proverbial in France.

Any useful thoughts?

Sorry to hear you’ve had frustrations with your 2e running /e/OS.

I daily mine using the development builds of /e/OS and have found it quite competent in normal usage. It doesn’t seem to be any more issue-prone than my wife’s Google Pixel 5 running /e/OS stable.

Do you know what model/revision 2e you have, and what version of /e/OS you are on? There have been a number of important improvements in more recent builds that might improve your phone’s reception/call-quality (relating to VoLTE/VoWiFi).