Unable to receive text messages from other Google Andriod phones

Trying to receive text message from my wife’s Android phone, but they won’t come through using the default Message app.

I can send her text messages and they arrive at her end, but when she replies, they don’t arrive at my end.

To get around this, I go into her phone and set the details in my contact info to send only MMS and SMS messages. Then it works. Okay, now what about all my other phone contacts? Do I need to tell all my friends who cannot text me that they really need to fix the problem at their end, or do I need to make a settings adjustment on my teracube phone?

It may just be a setting at my end, but I am unable to resolve this.

Hoping for help here. Thanks.

Here are my settings if it helps.

Service provider is Union Wireless.
https://www.unionwireless.com/faqs

Software version: 0.21-20220122158537
Build number e_2e-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001
eng.root.20220122.012327
dev-keys,stable-release

First APN:
Name = UNIONINTERNET
APN = SMART.COM
Proxy =
Port =
Server =
MMSC =
MMS Proxy =
MMS Port =
MCC = 310
MNC = 020
APN Type = default

Second APN:
Name = UNIONMMS
APN = union.mms.com
Proxy =
Port =
Server =
MMSC = http://mms.unionwireless.com
MMS Proxy =
MMS Port =
MCC = 310
MNC = 020
APN Type = mms

**** SOLVED ****

I discovered that phone contacts are saved in such a way that texts are sent via cell phone or Internet.
By deleting my phone contact at the sender’s end and forcing a text message via cell service, then re-saving the contact, forces future text messages to be delivered to my phone via cell service.

This seems to be a poorly documented feature. So, it looks like there are two or more ways to solve this issue. Another friend told me his phone had the option to force all text messages to go via wi-fi only. This may explain why his texts continued to go to my old phone and not route properly to my new teracube phone. Just too many options on phones these days.

Anyway, I tested this fix on two separate phone contacts that could not deliver texts to my new teracube phone, and now all the texting problems are solved.

2 Likes

Hi @Harry - welcome to Teracube forums. Apologies for jumping in late - it seems like you solved the issue already :slight_smile:. This potentially could be due to how your carrier is setup - we haven’t seen this issue with any other customer so far. Good to have your solution posted here in case someone else runs into it.

Hi @Sharad,

Thanks. I didn’t notice the problem until I got my teracube phone. But, it does look like it may be based on Andriod version, cell carrier, and how contacts are saved. All under control now.

1 Like

A better solution!

Before removing the SIM card from old phone, TURN OFF THE CHAT feature under Google Messenger Settings! Then pull the SIM card and install into your shiny new teracube phone.

I rediscovered this problem while swapping SIM cards from old phone to new phone. Another poorly documented feature.

See this source from Google.
No text messages to new phone.

1 Like