Update to Android 11 RP1A.200720.011 - Media files corrupted

Hello,

I updated my 2e to Android 11 RP1A.200720.011 and it seems to have corrupted all of my audio and image files. New files saved to the device work fine. However the files that were on there before the update were corrupted. I moved them to my computer this morning, and they still aren’t working. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Sorry for the trouble! That is never a good situation.

Do you know if the files were on the internal storage, or were they on an external microSD*C card?

Thanks Saijin,

They were on a micro SD card that was formatted as internal storage.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Mm… Thank you, good to know. Did you have any media on the actual internal storage? Did that make it through the OS Upgrade correctly?

No, unfortunatley, it looks like items saved on the internal storage was corrupted too.

1 Like

Was there ever a resolution to this? I am having similar issues with my new 2e and /e/ OS 1.12.5r which is their “stable” version. One of my manual app backups was corrupted and it would randomly destroy flac or mp3 files. The PC never indicated to me that the file transfer had an error, either. It seems that it also likes to lock up the infotainment in my car and buffer garbled, high speed output when playing audio over Bluetooth (when it would actually connect). My experience tells me it is hardware related.

1 Like

Welcome!

Sorry for the trouble.

Are these files being stored internal or external?

They are on the internal storage. I have also performed a factory reset of /e/ to see if that will resolve the storage problem. I also opened a ticket for this.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Just got a new micro SDXC card and first place I inserted the card was the Teracube 2e, so I can set it up. I set it as external storage. I then took the card out and inserted to my PC and loaded with M4A audio files and WMA audio files. Some songs I can listen to on my Teracube 2e some I can’t. But the same files I can’t listen to on my PC and some I can listen to on my PC and not on my phone. Later I found out that I can only play the MP3 files on my phone, so I searched and found out, that I could use iTunes to convert the music form M4A and WMA to MP3 and I did that and form my iTunes folder I moved the files (music) as MP3 to my Micro SD card, and now I can listen to the music on my Teracube 2e external storage.

1 Like

I meant iTunes program on my PC, not the iTunes App on Apple product. To download the program for PC, go to this website:

When you download the program, open it.
Go to “File” and choose “Add file to library”.
Choose file or files from a folder or CD-ROM and hit “Open”.
You will get a message that the file is in a M4A or WMA or other format, and that iTunes will automatically convert them to MP3 format, so that they can be added to your iTunes library. Then hit “Convert”. On top of the window you will see the progress with a blue line moving to the right side.
To get the files on your SD Micro Card you need to open your PC folders and choose the folder for your SD Micro Card, minimalize the window of the folder. Also minimalize window of the iTunes program and adjust them side by side. On iTunes choose Music in the choice bar next to the left and right arrow in the squares in left upper corner and from songs choose the top song on the right side of the program (now marked blue when clicked on) and with your mouse go to the last song, but before clicking on it, press and hold the “SHIFT” key and then left click on the mouse, it will select all the songs there and mark them gray. Then left click and hold any where on the selected gray field with your mouse, and while holding it move the files physically to the SD Card folder next to iTunes window. You should see MP3 files transferring there.

If you have any questions, ask. I hope I will be notify me.