Hi, I am posting in case someone finds this useful if they have a similar problem. My Teracube 2e started notifying me that the USB was being controlled by a connected device and I couldn’t change the setting in settings. Charging also was intermittent. So I decided to change the USB port and it fixed the problem. I have a feeling the original problem started when my phone got a bit wet in the pocket of a not-so-waterproof coat. I have to say, the service by Teracube sending me the replacement usb port that I ordered was excellent. It arrived in a couple of days (I am in the UK). So thumbs up!
Excellent solution and help for other folks who may come across this issue.