When to replace battery

Hi all, I have one of the original 2Es from 2020. I have noticed in the last month or so that I have had to charge a lot more frequently and am considering replacing the battery (I bought the replacement with the phone to have on hand when needed). I’m just wondering when others have done this if at all yet.
I feel like overall my phone has also been getting a lot slower and more buggy, so I’m hoping between a battery replacement and the prospect of updating from Android 11 to 13 that will fix it, but wondering if others are also experiencing similar speed/performance issues.

Lastly, I’d be curious to hear others’ thoughts (if people even get here, may need a separate post) on the longevity of the 2E in general. I’m approaching the end of the 4 year warranty which I’ve never really had to use, and considering some of the issues I’m experiencing am wondering when the time for either a new 2E or a new phone altogether will be (but I don’t know whether there’s any other American phones with the sustainability qualifications of teracube, which is most important for me).

1 Like

I feel the same way. I’ve been needing buy a spare battery, but I’ve also been eyeing the Fairphones off of Murena. I’ve been experiencing some issues with the 2e since the newest update and even prior, especially with how its performing with most apps lately.

1 Like

@Andy_MC, you can try profiling your battery health with a tool like AccuBattery Pro.

General guidance for LiPo batteries is 80% estimated health is time to replace.

Depending upon your usage pattern, a four year service window is about right (if not on the longer end, so good job taking care of it) for a LiPo cell.

@tbaj , if you like /e/OS, you can always flash your 2e to /e/OS. That is how I use my personal one, and I am quite happy with the performance given the MediaTek A25 platform.