[Alpha Build] Android 11 for Teracube 2e (2021 - 1st batch)

Note1: This update is for the 1st batch of T2e (SN:2020)
Note2 : This Alpha is closed. We have the certified stable update now.

Archive

** Warning **

1. Please backup your data before proceeding.
  2. Not for the faint hearted. This is Alpha software. If something goes wrong, you might lose your data and might have to re-flash Android 10 using SP Flash software.
  3. Few apps might not be available in the App store like Netflix, Disney+ (this is due to the build not yet certified by Google).

Update: There is a newer Beta build out now.

Known issues - What does not work yet

1. Calendar does not work Calendar fixed in updated build.
2. FM does not work
3. Bluetooth calling is broken (echo)
4. Camera app is basic.

What works

1. Bluetooth music, NFC, WiFi, Cellular, VoLTE - all work
  2. Notification LED behavior fixed.
  3. Bluetooth range and music skipping issues should be fixed.

Update: There is a newer Beta build out now.

Closed
  1. Download the upgrade zip file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone).
  2. Goto Settings > System > Teracube Updater
  3. Click top-right 3 dots > Local update
  4. Tap ā€œInternal storageā€ and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
    Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
    Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
  5. Select the file and continue the update process.
  6. It will take a while. The phone will power off and restart by itself. Donā€™t press power button.

Let us know how it went and post your questions/feedback here. Please keep the comments related to this update itself.

If you experience any errors/issues, you can flash SW6 (original Android 10 firmware) using these instructions.

2 Likes

And Calendar fixed. Updated build link in the post above.

1 Like

I was able to install the Alpha build and several subsequent updates. I made some rough notes of my experience and they are shown below. In summary, everything I tested seems to work well. I donā€™t know why my (Koodo/Telus) SIM card is reported as being absent because it works fine. Also I donā€™t see where I can limit the charge level as I was able to do previously.

NOTES
Download the upgrade zip 5 file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone). I got a 1.3GB file.
Goto Settings > System > Teracube Updater ā€“ I see Advanced - Updater (updated to Android 10)
Click top-right 3 dots > Local update
Tap ā€œInternal storageā€ and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
Select the file and continue the update process.
I see ā€œLoading ā€“ please waitā€
20 s later it went back to the previous menu
I did a reboot and retried
1 min later I got ā€˜Apply Update?ā€™ dialog
I clicked OK but it acted like I clicked cancel (back to the previous screen)
Tried again
While it was saying Loading, I could see an update icon in the task bar at the top
This time it dropped out of settings, back to the launcher then rebooted
It seemed to hang at the green leaf Teracube screen
I let it sit and 4 min later screen is black then I see a white circle and ā€œInstalling System Updateā€
At 10 min the bar has reached the d in Update and is not moving
11:40 min it reboots
12:30 I see the rotating cube
15:30 main screen ā€“ sign in
16:20 finishing update
17:00 done
Clock is off by 4 hours
About Phone
Says SIM status slot 1 and 2 not available ā€“ I do have a card in and it is working
The phone number is unknown
I see there is a 34 MB March 16 update Teracube 11 0.0+ccd1245 user
Update is 11 0 0 543e425
Reboot
White circle installing system update (a very small font this time)
3:45 reboot and rotating cube
7:30 booted, sign in
Network provided time zone was turned off ā€“ I turn it on and the time is correct now
Says there is a new update
19 MB March 16 update Teracube 11 0.0+cce996d user
Reboot
2:30 booted, sign in
Another update
19 MB March 16 update Teracube 11 0.0+cf46163 user
I was getting grey windows when I ran a few apps, then pressed the square at the bottom (i.e. there was no indication of which app each grey rectangle represented.
I see when I hit power and choose advanced there is restart, bootloader recovery, systemui
I restart and it takes 1 minute
The problem with re-choosing running apps went away after the reboot.
I used to be able to set a max charge level (I used 80%) but I canā€™t find that setting now and the phone no longer stops charging at 80%.

1 Like

Thanks, @GMark for installing and testing. The charge limit feature has not been added yet - will be added a few builds down the line.

1 Like

Thanks All for testing the Alpha build. We have now released a more stable and faster Beta build here.