Teracube One Android 10 updates

Haven’t had a security update since May 2020

2 Likes

Update: We are fixing an issue with the SMS/Messages database. Will restore the Beta soon.
We have released a Beta version of Android 10 now. It is now upgradable directly from Android 9. Check it out here

5 Likes

You and your team have my most sincere thanks! Already flashing as we speak, will update in the other thread.

2 Likes

I am very happy to try it out!! Thank you Sharad :smile:

3 Likes

I want to know for the teracube one how many updates will it get sense it hasn’t had one sense may?

New [Beta 1.2] Android 10 for Teracube One . It is upgradable directly from Android 9. I and few other users have been running this build for almost a week now. Would love some of you to get involved.

3 Likes

When will it be possible to upgrade directly from the phone?

El El mié, 24 mar 2021 a las 23:14, Sharad via Teracube Community <community@myteracube.com> escribió:

Installed and it is running. Issues Noted…

WiFi Calling menu is blank and will not give option to turn on.
Battery drain is quite substantial. Were I could leave phone idle with 9 for hours with no drain, now battery drops 10% in 1 hour.
Took 5 restarts after installation for Fi to activate calling/texting.
Stock Camera app could be a lot better. Basic functionality.

Will keep you posted on other developments, if any.

1 Like

All good here but I upgraded hour ago. Speaker and jack have no issuesbut looks like wifi calling is hidden some where

1 Like

Went back to Android 9 (awesome BTW), then installed beta 1.2 from there. Working extremely well so far :slight_smile: Fixed auto-connect problem with my BT headphones. Still have hitches occasionally in BT music playback, but I’ve given up on trying to figure that out, as I’ve had that problem from the beginning. When trying to access battery usage details, it still says that data isn’t available. Very happy so far and looking forward to finished product so use Google Pay again :slight_smile:

1 Like

How is anyone excited or happy that we are still beta on Android 10… Am I the only one that feels like we got scammed here.

I don’t feel scammed. I knew going in that this was a small startup that would have growing pains. The big manufacturers are typically bad about getting updates out. There are reasons for that, not the least of which that it’s complex. Waiting up to 2 years for an update has happened for me before. I have had my One for a little over a year, and I already have a beta of 10.

Their openness and transparency from the start has been refreshing. I believe that when the kinks get worked out, they have a strategy in place to make updates much faster.

6 Likes

Sorry I can’t agree.

The concept was great and that is why I bought it, but this long over due I can’t except that this is covid related. Throughout the pandemic I have had to work not at home and the platform that the phone was sold on was not fulfilled.

The environmental impact are actually higher because I had to buy another device because I needed security patches to make everything work so an extra device was needed.

I am not sure I would say I feel scammed but we certainly were sold in the campaign that we would be on Android 10 spring of 2020, that’s a year overdue. I think it’s reasonable to accept a delay because of the pandemic but not a year delay. This isn’t just a nice to have thing either, we are long overdue on an update for security and vulnerability reasons alone. We all signed up for a lower priced phone and discounted even more because we bought prerelease to help fund startup costs but that doesn’t mean all accountability should be thrown out the window. I feel most people on the community/forum give way more than the benefit of the doubt than me and that’s their prerogative but you aren’t alone @CKSB For the most part I still enjoy the phone, especially for the price but my patience is running thin based on the pace of progress. We should really be talking about Andoird 11 since it was released 6 months ago. At times on this thread we are told updates on progress will be sent out every two to three weeks and that never happens. To me it seems there is a culture issue with the company. More accountability and follow through is needed. I work in software development so I get delays happen but there is something else going on here.

Understandable CKSB, we have different use cases. It’s too bad it didn’t work out for you.

1 Like

Still have it and hopeful. I just have seen anything that gives me confidence.

@Sharad Any news you can give us on the progression of the Beta/Google certification?

Even though I need a phone that has recent security dates I don’t feel scammed. I knew I was supporting a new company and that there would be risks when I joined the Kickstarter campaign. Between Covid and the challenges of developing an in-house update team things have been slower than I would like, but that is all part of the risk. I need to get a new phone on Android 10 for work but will continue to use my Teracube for non-work-related uses.

4 Likes

Yeah, I can’t agree at all that we’ve been scammed.

Sharad and Anthony have been great. Very transparent, though frequency/consistency of feedback to community is variable.

Let’s see what we’ve received as a community due to their openness:

1. Easily Unlocked Devices
  2. Full device kernel/source trees for both the One and the 2E
  3. Official support in /e/OS which is under heavy development
  4. TWRP port maintained by TeraCube
  5. Open access to early software for testing/validation

Do I wish the updates were faster? Yes.
Do I understand that even multi-billion dollar companies consistently fail to deliver updates on schedule, or even at all EVER except for a tiny fraction of the devices they sell? Yes.

We’re getting there. Patience is a virtue. I too can’t use my device for work due to outdated Android Build/Security patch levels, but that’d also be true for pretty much any other phone very quickly except a Pixel or a device I maintain myself using LineageOS.

Certainly, keep them accountable and let them know we’re all waiting, but a scam? Really? I just don’t see how that is even reasonable to throw around.

9 Likes

Nothing that I have said is related to the 2e.

Transparent… Their update Android 10 promise was posted until the ONE stopped being for sale.

The line about multi-billion dollar companies fail to deliver or at all. They are not promoting there devices with this update schedule.

Android 12 in DEV Mode now and we are still beta 10. Come on as good as these guy might be… This is a massive fail for the company.

Even the essential (now failed and sold) gave me day 1 monthly updates until the day they closed). This phone EOF and company gone has Android 10.

Communication is very poor.

How is Teracube going to back their warranty and update promise to all of us that got in when Android 12 will be here before our 10.

They need to be honest and open communication now about what should we expect in updates before out 4 year warranty and update ends.

That is true “Very transparent, though frequency/consistency of feedback …”

1 Like