Teracube One Android 10 updates

Any answer?? Where’s the update??

The software team is making great progress. I won’t steal @Sharad 's thunder but he has something ready to share this weekend. Personally I am excited about the progress, especially given the fact that we haven’t had the source codes very long. As you can imagine, each version update is significant and therefore the time requires to tweak, test, making adjustment is also a delicate process. However, I’ll assure you that we are working hard at it.

6 Likes

Thanks for the response Anthony!
We’re not asking for the update because we want our phone to look prettier, we just want it to function properly. Right now I cannot multitask while I’m on a call, which I’ve always done previously. Hopefully Android 11 release will go smoother…

2 Likes

HYPE

Can’t wait to see

3 Likes

Thanks for the light of hope @anthony , but it appears, it’s still not cloudy where @Sharad is, as we haven’t heard the shattering thunder news yet!

Hi Everyone,

The developers have been making steady progress. Here is the latest development update on Teracube One Android 10 (T1-A10):

Working:

• Basic boot-up
  • Camera and camcorder
  • Audio
  • Modem
  • RiL (Calls, messages, IMS/VoLTE/ViLTE/etc)
  • Media playback
  • Sensors
  • Media encode and decode (video-audio playback, and recording for eg)
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth

Work In Progress:

• Preloader + LK (bootloaders)
  • TEE
  • Fingerprint (to do with TEE)
  • NFC (to do with missing dirs and TEE)
  • Multicolor LED

Along with the Android 10 build, the team also worked on making the (linux) kernel public. Glad to announce the open source availability of our kernel.

10 Likes

Can they check into NFC Card Emulation?
https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/nfc/hce#:~:text=When%20NFC%20card%20emulation%20is%20provided%20using%20a,from%20the%20reader%20directly%20to%20the%20secure%20element.

1 Like

Will look into that.

2 Likes

How soon do we expect the update to come? Early November or mid to late November?

Any hope we’d have this by Christmas!?

2 Likes

Right it’s been over a week and I haven’t heard a response to this question yet. Give us an update. Something.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

We have made some progress and a slight back step. We have been able to get fingerprint, NFC working. However, VoLTE is now broken - the team is working on that.

At this point, it is difficult to estimate a release date as we are dealing with some unknowns. Instead, we will focus on giving an update every 2-3 weeks.

Here is a short video of T1 running Android 10.

10 Likes

Thanks for the update!

3 Likes

This is very discouraging…

My Google Fi recognized my T1

3 Likes

Really? Care to share the steps required to make it work? I am intrigued.

2 Likes

Hi All,

I have some great news! We are ready for community testing of our Android 10 Alpha build. This is early stage software and is still far from a full production release. However, you can feel our excitement as the new player on the block working on our 1st Android upgrade :slight_smile:.

This Alpha build is not for everyone though. Read more here and jump in if you are in for some excitement!

Next steps:

1. Continue testing and fixing bugs. The more test users get involved, faster it’ll be.
  2. Once the build is ready, we do internal CTS (Google) testing.
  3. Do external testing with 3rd party lab authorized by Google.
4 Likes

No OTA version?

Since this is a very early release of the software, we will not be releasing it OTA.

Again, as @Sharad mentioned in his post, this Alpha build IS NOT SOMETHING for everyone. It is only good testing software is something fun and interesting for you. Please proceed with great caution. You have been warned. :slight_smile:

Once the software is tested and stable, we will distribute it broadly to all customers and that includes OTA.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind testing it and reporting any bugs, only if it was OTA, as I don’t want to start from scratch.

1 Like