[Beta] Android 13 for Teracube 2e

Zirconia update went well along with the Updater fix. I will post if I find any bugs, but so far it works smooth. Thanks again!

3 Likes

Dear team, thank you for the constant work on the software. The long wait for updates was worth it. The updates to 11.0.4 to 12.1 and now to 13 went without issues. My Teracube 2e (zirconia, 1st batch 2020) works very smooth. The only downer is the still not working fm radio.

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

@Sharad Any update on vowifi feature on Teracube 2e 2020 version, i urgently require it as i have low coverage with sim network & hence i use vowifi feature, it was working seamlessly on Android 10 version 06, but does not connect now.

1 Like

There are a number of VoWifi fixes in the upcoming Android 13 stable release that should hopefully help your situation.

Relase time isn’t certain at the moment as the build is still undergoing testing and certification.

3 Likes

Hey, do live wallpapers work in this version?

1 Like

In general or do you use one in specific?

I can test against Living Worlds and the XScreensaver ones.

I like to use this one of a forest with live local weather.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

Zirconia or Emerald 2e (it shouldn’t matter, but hey, why not be precise, right?)

I’m on zirconia.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for this update. I updated from 12.1 on Zirconia (having previously update from 10) and the phone is now faster (particularly boot up) and the hotspot also now works. I am very satisfied!

3 Likes

Unfortunately, it looks like it might be compiled against too old a version of the Android SDK as I can’t install it on any of my Android 13 phones, just up until Android 12.

1 Like

Hmm… Is it possible to sideload it? I’ve had a couple devices tell me it won’t work, but it does when I install it from an APK myself.

1 Like

I was able to download it on my Ruby, package it back up as an App Bundle using APK Explorer, and then install using SAI.

The app runs fine, but I can not set anything as Live Wallpaper.

It only works for me under Android 12 and below (Ruby and my personal TeraCube One).

Ah, so it’s like it currently is in 11. I would move to 12 if all the features worked. I miss my live wallpapers.

1 Like

I suppose the bigger question is whether 13 has functional live wallpaper support (like 11.0.0 through 11.0.3) or if it’s missing (like 10 and 11.0.4). Considering that the requested app was apparently built for Android 4.0, I’m mostly just surprised it’s still listed and available in the store. As a note, the app is also unavailable for me on Android 11.0.4 due to its broken live wallpaper support.

2 Likes

Hi folks! After trying to update Google Play system on Zirconia Android 13 the system crashed into a recovery mode and the phone offered only to make a data factory reset or try again, but again failing to recover. Factory data reset did the trick so I have sucessfully restored everything from the cloud Google backup.

2 Likes

Which date Play System Update was it?

Also, Zirconia or Emerald?

Hi Saijin! I think it was on July 2023. Zirconia.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m going to try and replicate this.

I updated my zirconia to Android 13 without issue. After a week though I was unable to turn the screen on, however, the phone was still running as I was receiving notifications.
I tried a reboot and ended up at the recovery screen, same as the earlier poster. After several further unsuccessful attempts to boot I factory reset which worked and i restored from Google backup.

About three days later I had the same issue with the screen again but this time I was able to power down the phone and power it back on successfully.

That was about five days ago and so far so good…

2 Likes