[Beta] Archived - SW14 for Teracube 2e

Update: Please refer to latest update here - SW15.

Summary

** Warning **

1. Please backup your data before proceeding.
  2. Not for the faint hearted. This is Beta software. If something goes wrong, you might lose your data and might have to re-flash SW6 using SP Flash software.
  3. Few apps might not be available in the App store like Netflix, Disney+ (this is due to the build not yet certified by Google).

Changelog

1. April 2021 Security updates
  2. AT&T certified
  3. Bluetooth streaming/range issue improved.
  4. Blue photos under flash fixed.

Note1 : This upgrade is only for US, Canada and other non-EU countries.
Note2: It can be upgraded both over the original factory firmware or SW13.

Steps

1. Download the upgrade zip file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone). Note - its a big file.
  2. Goto Settings > System > Teracube Updater
  3. Click top-right 3 dots > Local update
  4. Tap “Internal storage” and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
    Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
    Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
  5. Select the file and continue the update process.
  6. It will take a while. The phone will power off and restart by itself. Don’t press power button.

Let us know how it went and post your questions/feedback here.

If you experience any errors/issues, you can flash SW6 (original firmware) using these instructions .

2 Likes

I’m back on the beta again - after going back to SW6 via the reflash tool & a factory reset (ugh! yeah, updating to this beta is a one-way trip), finding more problems and not less, then going back to SW14.

I’ve also noticed that, while SW6 would only claim “90%” for a fully charged battery (I didn’t have the limiter enabled - it’s a replaceable battery, why bother? :wink: Plus, voltage was 4.3v, which is definitely fully charged), now SW14 shows 100% as it should. So that’s a big one fixed.

I’ve had no problems with WiFi at home last night, nor at work today so far.

1 Like

Thanks. Need another favor. Could you install SW15 as well. Incremental update - fixed the launcher swipe bug. This will be the final build for next 2-3 months.