Beta testers wanted for new software update

Deleted all Bluetooth connections and started fresh for this test.

Bluetooth minor issue noted - doesn’t like to auto connect to car stereo car stereo is Bluetooth 4.0 when I manually make it connect it disconnects my watch and Bluetooth headset. My head set will then reconnect along with my watch after. It doesn’t always like to connect on the first try and auto connect is not working. My headset is Bluetooth 5.0 and I think my watch is as well. To me it’s a minor issue. But over all Bluetooth is working great … wondering if it is a legacy issue with Bluetooth 4.0?
Power still holding up really well at 29% with continued heavy screen time. I get the odd app crash when I rebooted. Same one I noted once before the Cineplex app. It happens once at start up and doesn’t happen again. I may remove Bluetooth from the bit defender apps security to see if that maybe affecting it. But that’s a tomorrow job. More work this evening at home. Thanks guys.

Additional testing.
Ok so I spent more time with phone and car stereo. With the beta software it really hates my car stereo with Bluetooth compared to before the beta. I have to force the connection everytime from the phone side I can’t force it from the radio side. I even cleared the Bluetooth on the radio completely (has a setting for that) it’s a pioneer touch screen. When it does connect I can only use the media playback if try to use the call function or see the phone book it drops the phone completely and try to force a reconnection. I tried with my headset turn off as well (watch still connected a vivo active 3) checked and it’s Bluetooth 4.2 the headsets are an off brand but have work amazingly with other phones including this one and are Bluetooth 5. The car stereo is a pioneer MVH-300EX say comparable with Bluetooth 4+ so assuming it’s vanilla 4.0 as can’t find additional information with specifics to it’s Bluetooth version.
Don’t have any other Bluetooth 4.0 or older items to test against. Will see if any friends have some older Bluetooth stuff to try it with. Will also try my work truck tomorrow it has Bluetooth and will update.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Software update available